kissing

no warnings needed - first kiss - mundane!simon 

a knock on the thick metal door startled simon. he groaned in frustration. why did people always need him when he was comfortable and almost asleep? he threw the covers off of his legs, the cold air hitting them and causing a shiver to run down his spine. he picked up a black shirt with the rock solid panda logo printed on the front and slipped it over his head, walking towards the door. he pulled the heavy door open to reveal none other than jace wayland, a friend of clary's. simon rolled his eyes.

"what do you want?" he asked, still missing the warmth of his bed. 

"don't look so happy to see me." jace smirked, pushing his way past simon. 

"come on in!" simon mumbled, closing the door. he turned to jace and sighed when he saw the blonde haired boy going through all of his things. 

"mundanes." jace said, rolling his eyes. he looked up to simon quickly before looking down at the ground.

"why are you here?" simon asked, sitting on the end of his bed. jace sighed and turned so he was looking at simon. he rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably.

"i, uh, i wanted to see you, i guess. i don't know." he said, his eyes glued to the ground. simon's eyebrows shot up at this, his mind filled with false hope. 

"w-why?" simon stuttered after a moment of silence. 

"because-" jace took a few steps towards simon. simon looked at jace with confused eyes, silently encouraging him to continue. "i don't- i don't know how to say it." jace mumbled, running a hand through his hair. simon felt a burst of confidence when he caught jace's eyes drifting to simon's lips.

"then, don't say it. do it." he whispered breathlessly. jace walked towards him, standing between simon's legs. the boys stared into each others eyes for a moment before simon grabbed jace's shirt, pulling him down. jace inhaled sharply, wrapping his slightly shaking hand around the back of simon's neck. jace leaned in a little more. it was all happening slowly, too slowly. simon reached up and pulled jace towards him, attaching his lips to jace's. this was it, all those days of want, all those days of silent prayer, finally put into the act of two boys clinging onto each other as if when they let go it would all disappear. when they broke apart, simon felt all of his worry that jace didn't want him evaporate into the cold air.

"i like you." jace said, smiling when he heard simon's chuckle fill the room.

"i know."

    feedback is appreciated