Brett Imagine for Klaryssa

"Brett, you've got a game to play" I giggled as I pushed him off of me.

He just gave me a smirk. "Doesn't mean I can't win off the field too."

I trailed a finger down his chest. "Then I guess you have something to look forward to." I said, looking back up at him through my eyelashes.

His eyebrows went up. "Is that a promise?"

"Only if you get out there and play" I shoved his lacrosse stick into his chest. "Your coach will be looking for you."

He rolled his eyes. "You kill me, Klaryssa." He said, grabbing his face mask and making his way towards the door. "If we win tonight, you owe me a date. Deal?" He proposed before running off to the field.

I laughed. "Deal."

I shook my head to clear away the happy memory and focus on the problem at hand. A few hours ago Lori showed up at my house telling me that Brett was missing and hurt. We instantly took off looking for him, following the trail of both his blood and his signals. Right now we were trying to navigate the tunnels below the city to find him.

"I don't know, Lori. The smells seem to be coming from everywhere."

"He has to be down here. I know we can find him." She said, determined.

"I know we will find him, I just hope we aren't too late."

Suddenly a roar erupted from a nearby tunnel and Lori perked up. "That's him!"

We both took off to the right, but were soon met by one of the Argent's sound transmitters and headed down another tunnel. Before long there was another one sending us to the left.

Something wasn't right. We were going exactly where they wanted us to go. I had to find Brett before he got to the end. I took off at top speed, leaving Lori far behind me, yelling at me to wait. I ran track before I was turned and speed came naturally. I saw light up ahead and could smell Brett clearly now. I wasn't far behind.

I pushed myself to my limit, desperate to get to him first. When I reached the clearing, I found him climbing up a ladder to exit through a manhole. I yelled at him, but it did no good. I climbed up faster than I thought possible and reached him just as he emerged. In a panic, I threw him down back into the tunnel, knowing he could heal from the short drop, leaving me exposed above the ground.

It all happened so fast: the bright lights, the collision between the truck and my fragile figure, and the feeling of every bone in my body breaking as everything went black.

When Brett realized what happened he picked himself up and climbed the ladder once more to find my lifeless body laid out on the asphalt.

"No." He whispered to himself as he scrambled to get to my body as quickly as he could. "No. No. No. No."

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his lap as tears began to roll down his cheeks. "You can't be gone. No. You can't. You owe me a date. You promised." He sobbed, rocking me back and forth.

Then Lori emerged from the manhole. "Brett you're okay!" Her excitement was short-lived as she saw my body in his arms. "Oh no."

Brett didn't even hear her as she approached him and laid a sympathetic hand on his broad shoulder. All he could see were the memories he made with me and how quickly and cruelly I was taken away from him.

His mind flashed back to three months ago when we were sitting on his couch, cuddled up and ignoring the movie that was playing. I had just made a lame joke, but he chuckled anyway. He found himself gazing down at me, taking in all my features and realizing how much I meant to him.

"What are you looking at me like that for?" I asked, tilting my head up a little more to meet his gaze.

"I love you." He said, keeping his eyes locked on mine. My eyes widened at his confession, but I let him continue. "I love you and I will always love you."

I smiled up at him. "I love you too and I will love you until the day that I die."