Epilogue: Brotherswing

ابدأ من البداية

"I—wait. Guys, I think I smell something." Saoirse piped up after another cut forward. The trees around her were more densely packed and carried a very foreboding aura, as if not even night vision would reveal the secrets twisted into their knotted roots and branches. Her flashlight, a too-bright beam in the darkness, flashed across the scene and drifted up to a low-hanging tree branch. "Look at that! It's smoldering."

She reached a cautious hand up and drew back before coming into contact with the charred segment. "Yeah, it's still warm. Do you think... maybe Relle was just here? Or another ghost, I dunno. Let's keep going—I think I'm on to something here."

The video then droned on for almost thirty seconds of walking in a straight line before darting back up to look at the branches of a tree. "Wait—is that the same branch as before?" Saoirse gasped in a low whisper.

Suddenly, the sound of a huge branch snapping in half echoed like a gunshot through the night air, and the camera lurched before righting itself in her hands. "What was that?" she whispered, her breathing fast and frantic.

"You shouldn't have come here," an ominous yet distinctly feminine voice growled from somewhere so close by that the camera's microphone could barely handle it.

"Who are you?" Saoirse asked, her voice halting with terror.

"Get out!"

Then she took off! The footage was incredibly shaky, jumping up and down as she ran as fast as her legs could carry her through the dense forest. Heavy breathing and a panicked "I think she's after me!" were the only things the viewers could hear. A thick haze fell into the frame, blurring the defined lines of the trees and highlighting an indistinct glow that came into being as Saoirse panned over the clearing she found herself in. "Oh, no—it's so smoky all of a sudden!" She coughed a couple of times and readjusted her grip on the camera.

"Wrong way," that same voice intoned again, this time from a little farther away. A vaguely humanoid shape condensed into being out of the smoke, and Saoirse shakily focused the frame on that. It raised one arm to the side slowly, holding its pose when it was parallel with the forest floor.

"Your mistake."

A bright light flashed outward from the smoky person's palm and completely turned the camera's screen white. The last things it picked up before the footage cut off abruptly were two very distinct sounds: another shallow gasp, and the crackling of a raging forest fire.

Then... nothing.

Just before everyone watching could start to get antsy about the lack of content following that vaguely threatening ending, a wall covered by a pale pink sheet appeared and two heads rose up from crouched positions on the floor of a well-lit room. It was HijabiHilighters' studio!

"Hey, guys!" Saoirse cheerfully chirped. "Guess whaaat~?"

"What's that?" her special guest with blue hair asked her with comical exaggeration.

"I got to collaborate with the Relle Phantom for this video!" Saoirse exclaimed, and both beaming girls threw their hands up in the air. "Woohoo! And don't worry, I swear this was all my idea, completely. We aren't trying to say anything negative about ghosts. Relle, thank you so much for helping me spoof The Blair Witch Project."

"Hey, that was super fun!" Relle answered. "Thanks for having me on your channel, Saoirse."

"Aww, thank you for coming!" They hugged, cheeks pressed together, and pulled apart. "Do you wanna help me do the outro, Relle?"