Epilogue: Brotherswing

Just a quick note before we begin: each little scene/vine/take described in this chapter will be separated by virtue of full line spacing, so if the dialogue is only half of a line apart then you'll know it's still supposed to be the same shot or vine. It'll make sense, don't worry! I'm not used to writing out descriptions for filming, so this may be a little strange or awkward ^_^' Anyway, enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make a long story somewhat shorter, it took quite an adjustment period to help bring any sense of normalcy back to the inner circle of the Relle Phantom secret. The first time Camry used her bare hands to catch a falling pan straight off the burning stove, her mother couldn't decide if the act itself or Camry's blasé response to it startled her more. Knowing this, Cam did her best to try and tone down any and all use of her powers in her parents' presence. Like with Mum, they also became a more active force in her ghostly existence: whether it was via text messages asking if she was alright or learning how to dress and treat minor wounds, their help became incredibly useful as the battles between Relle and her enemies began to grow much more, well, heated.

That didn't mean everything was all fine and dandy, though. Like most good parents, Sadie and Mason made it abundantly clear that they were afraid for their daughter whenever she went off to fight. Coming home with bruises, scrapes, and cuts at least twice a week did little to lessen their fretting. Now they knew exactly why Camry was showing up on their front step while wearing evidence of a fight on her skin. Still, she had to admit that it was a little bit nice to not have to sneak around behind their backs all of the time.

What's more, the grounding that she and Saoirse would have had to endure was lifted right away! As a result of their electronic and mobile freedom, a long-awaited video was uploaded to WeTube roughly a week later. Thanks to its catchy title, it sported nearly a million views within the first 24 hours since it was made public.

The video opened with a nearly pitch-black screen broken up only by green-lit night vision directed at a grove of trees some ten yards away. Saoirse, decked out in a pastel hijab and modest attire, popped into the camera's field of view and waved with her left hand; the right was in its sling, as it would be for multiple weeks.

"Hey, everyone! Welcome to a very special video for this channel. Now, I know the news channels are all over covering the ghosts that attack Bailey Lake pretty regularly, but here's what they don't know: I've received a tip that there's something big in the woods. Maybe it's a clue about where these ghosts are coming from? Maybe we'll finally learn the origins of Relle Phantom, our city's undead protector? Who knows!"

She reached for the camera then, removing it from its tripod, and pointed it back at the trees. "That's what I'm here to do tonight. I don't know what's going to happen in there, but if you find this footage, now you'll know what I was doing. Let's go!"

The clip cut to another, and Saoirse was fully in the woods. Her footsteps in their sturdy boots snapped fallen twigs and crushed detritus noisily, seeming to echo through the night. The footage picked up her breathing, even and calm for the time being. "Okay, I've been walking for a little while. Got my flashlight, got my compass, got my directions for the tip. Battery's good... Will keep you posted."

Another jump forward, and the shot panned across the midnight-soaked forest. The trees' light-colored bark shined with the night vision filter, making pillars of bright patches that were only contrasted all the more by the limitless darkness in between. "Huh... I thought I was walking north, but now it's saying that's west..." Saoirse commented under her breath. The camera shook like it was changing hands so she could check her directions. One corner of the footage seemed to glitch for a split second, but it was gone as soon as it had happened.