Chapter 2

January 11th
Mark:

She passed out from blood loss. I sped faster to our house. I burst inside calling Sophie loudly. "Mark James Trueblood! Why aren't you at school?!" Sofie, my older sister, hollers.

"I found my mate and she is injured really bad!" At that she races into the room, asking for her. I hand her to Sophie and she takes her to my bedroom. I raise an eyebrow. She senses my confusion and explains. "It so that when she wakes up she will be comforted."

"Oh." Is all I can say. She sets Alison down and inspects her. "She's lost a lot of blood, but not so much that she needs to be hooked up to a blood bag." Then she studies her head, observing the damage. "And this is not to the extent that she will need stitches, nor staples."

"Good." I reply, relieved. She stands and crosses her arms. "I'll cover for you for now, but they will find out eventually." She says with authority. "Thanks sis!" I exclaim grabbing her in a bear hug. "Ok, ok I'll leave you with her." And with that she leaves.

I sit down on my bed, turn to my mate, and look at her. Taking in her beauty. She has beautiful red hair and freckles across the bridge of her nose. I touch her cheek lightly. She smiles taking my hand in hers.

She's starting to come around and she's definitely gonna want an explanation for the way she feels. Psychically and emotionally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 11th
Alison:

As I come back to reality, I take in my surroundings. I sit up to see someone sitting next to me, but I do not jump because he makes me feel safe. I look around the room. Rock band posters from Queen to Bring me The Horizon covering every wall. I am impressed that we like the same bands. Then I turn to see a small blue stuffed bunny.

It has two different colors button eyes, lots of places where it has been ripped and sewn back together, and a cute little upside down triangle for a nose. I smile as I put the bunny in my lap.

I look up to see Mark. A small surprise, but I push that aside for the moment. "Is this yours?" I question him, playing with the bunny. He turns red. "Would that be...weird?" He asks turning away. "Not at all." I said. When he didn't turn around I poked his arm. He looks at me again. "Hm?" "Sorry, just wanted to see your eyes." I apologize. "Their pretty."

"So why do you save me back there?" He looks down at me with a smirk. "Well, not save me, help me." I say quickly. He laughs. "You know what I meant." I say playfully pushing him. "Hard to explain." He replies.

"What I wanna know is what happened to that girl who never talks, or says hi, and just walk from class to class with her head ducked down."
He asked with sincerity.

"I feel like I can be myself around you, and I'm only like that because my life has been complicated lately." Technically that wasn't a lie although I had put it gracefully.Oh god, don't cry, don't cry. I tell myself.

A single tear escapes my eye. He sees it and wipes it away saying, "Don't cry my angel." Hearing the sweetness in his voice only makes me break down. "It's complicated." I say. Think if about my dead father, insane mother, dead sister, missing siblings, and deadly follower."Actually..." He pulls out the paper I wrote and hands it to me. "I found it while picking up your stuff...Im sorry." I smile weakly. "I do not feel angry, nor betrayed. Just that I can trust you more since you know what I've been through." I stifle a cry.

"No one will ever lay a hand on you when I'm around. You don't have to worry about anyone hurting you."

He sees me looking at the note, upset. "Baby girl, don't be afraid to cry." He scoots closer and holds me. "I'll always be here for you now that I've found you." He whispers in my ear. "What...do you...mean?" I ask in between sobs.

"You are my mate. I don't care if I'm not supposed to tell you. I love you and I will be never leaving your side because you are mine, and I am yours." He says kissing my forehead.

"Now lay down." He tells me. "Please don't leave." I plead. "Don't worry, I don't have anywhere to be, and your at the top of my priority list."He says putting him arms around me. I have never felt this secure in my life, always living in fear. "I love you." He whispers. I turn around into his chest, his arms still around me, and kiss his lips. Light and sweet. "I love you too."