cuddling somewhere

deep and meaningful talk about "forever" - very cheesy 

the two boys lay in the back of simon's old truck, huddled in the back corner, surrounded by a mound of pillows and blankets. jace had his head rested on simon's shoulder, his body placed between simon's legs, simon's arms wrapped around jace's waist. it was peaceful, listening to the sounds of new york, late in the night, when families returned home and drunk teenagers stumbled their way down the streets. the pair joked back and forth, enjoying the time they had together. 

"i wish we could stay like this forever, you know. just us, in the back of your beat-up truck, laying like this." jace said, looking up into the captivating eyes of his lover. simon was silent for a moment, looking out of the small window right beside him, his features flooded with moonlight.

"forever is such a long time, though." simon said, sighing. jace raised his eyebrow, lifting his hand up and turning simon's head towards his. 

"what's that supposed to mean?" he asked in a gentle voice, running his thumb along simon's cheek. simon visibly gulps.

"i mean, how can you be sure that something is to last forever? we're so young. we have our whole lives ahead of us. in a year we'll probably have moved on. found somebody new. and then you'll say to them, "we're going to last forever, i promise." those are the sort of promises you are meant to break" he said. 

"forever is unpredictable, simon. but i know one thing for sure." jace said, wrapping his arm around simon's neck.

"and what's that?" simon asked, looking into jace's eyes. the eyes he grew to love with all of his heart and soul.

"that right now," jace said, his fingers intertwining with simon's hair, "in this very moment," he placed a kiss on simon's cheek, hoping it would put his words into action.

"i am completely, totally, disgustingly, in love with you."