I stared at the nurses body as she lead us down a few corridors and then to an elevator. I had to focus on something as the mixes of sounds and noises got into my ears. It was hard to process all of them because they were so many and so different.... baby cries varying in tone almost as if their voices already differed... women yelling as they gave birth... Nurses laughing with their patients... and many others... along with our footsteps on the white slippery floor.

We got into the elevator and I was relieved when it closed its doors silencing all the sounds. Instead, though, I heard the 'ping' of the elevator as we reached different floors... until we got to the fourth.

The doors opened themselves... and I stared into the white, silent corridor... at the different doors on either side with numbers. Starting at 400 and ending in who-knows-what.... ending at the far end of the corridor. Almost.

Right there were the white double doors, with EMERGENCY lit up in bright red signaling how doctors were in there attending someone urgently... someone at risk of death... and two benches were set at either side... and I somehow didn't know that there would EVER be an ER on this floor. How many do they even have?

Zoë...

Zoë.

It's so weird, you know. That you start remembering everything that has to do with that person you care so much about when you know that you're going to find out something important about them... maybe something life-changing... or life-ending...

That first day I met her and how her beauty totally struck me... Those pale blue eyes that said hi to me out of pure friendliness and her impulses...

The next day that I went into her room and she talked me into sharing my music passion to her... and I still didn't know about who she was.

The time that I actually knew that she was in charge of me and how I felt indignant because I didn't feel like I need to change... but she was so charmingly convincing...

When she shackled be with handcuffs to prepare me for my first party in ages... How we played 'Sex on fire' in front of everyone... how she took me to a room so that I would calm down... Every little second being considerate..

She playing the piano when I met Jessica, when Jessica kissed me, and realizing how refreshingly beautiful she was... How there was something that I felt for her but didn't really know what it was...

Me watching her do Big Air...

Us playing Tristessse...

Jessica telling me that I should decide if I like her...

Zoë kissing me on our birthday... plus the cake... and coffee from the director's office... The cold wind as we rode on her bike...

She taking care of me when I was sick...

Her support when with my sickness...

The orchestra she set up...

She singing to me “Can't help falling in love”...

Asking me out and saying that she loves me...

The concert with the orchestra... and how natural it felt to have the orchestra behind me...

Me saying that I love her...Because I really do...

Everything that happened with her sister...

Our first time...

Our hugs..

Our kisses...

Her smiles...

The smiles I feel I give her...

Her hands...

Her lips...

Her hair...

Her eyes...

..

.

I totally couldn't stand if something were to happen to her... But I know I'd be there... and I know that she would fight...

I tried not to cry before knowing anything and I feel like I was quite successful at it as we continued walking down the corridor... and I looked down at the white floor that was coldly white for me...

And then... and then... the nurse turned to the right to the last door... 418.

And Zoë's dad put his hand on my shoulder again, squeezing it softly... and I turned back to the floor waiting for the nurse to open the door...

And she opened it... and I raised my eyes... and I saw her there...

I saw her there...

And I burst into tears. I moved my fingers underneath my glasses and started to cry so hard.

Zoë's dad pushed us in gently and he left me for a few seconds... and then I felt him push me again... to her bed.

She had a cast on her right arm and many, many, many scratches on her other, and a big white gauze fabric across her right cheek... and I looked at her through my blurry eyesight trying to dry the tears off so that I could put my glasses back on...

But I couldn't stop crying.

“Christelle?” I heard Patrick say. Probably using his phone. “Yes. Don't worry. She's fine.”

She's fine.

She's fine.

Zoë's fine.

“You're fine.” I say finally, lunging myself to hug her tightly even if I could feel that it hurt her.

And she hugged me back and I felt that warmth that I honestly felt that I was going to lose.

She's here... only with a cast... 

Not dead.

Only with a cast.

...

...I love her...

...I love her... I love her so much.

“Oh my God, Zoë. I love you.” I said to her not even caring that two other people, including her dad, were there. “I love you... I love you, I love you, I love you.”

And with the last one I started crying again.

+++

Guys! :'( I can't believe I felt so moved by my own characters! 

Kewk

P.S. sorry for the lack of spell check :3