She took a few breaths then said, "what if he breaks up with me?"

I cringed at the amount of pain in her voice. But I wasn't going to let her feel alone, I wasn't going to let her suffer. "Then he wasn't the one," I told her. "It'll hurt, trust me. But once he's gone, you're going to feel free."

I heard a sniffle from the phone, "really?"

"Really," I replied confidently. But secretly, even I knew that my advice was wrong. After Zayn had left, I never felt free. I never even feel like I've taken a single breath since the second that he's left. I feel trapped inside myself. Not free.

Then she hung up, and the next caller called. The girl from the other line was crying, and told me her problem. She was a one night stand for this guy, but the guy told her that he loved her every night they ended up together. But in the morning, he'd throw her out, claiming that she was nothing more than a one night stand.

My stomach sank after I heard this, nobody deserved that. Nobody deserved to be told a lie about love. I've learned the hard way.

"Listen to me," I told her as she cried. I may not have known who this girl was, but she already meant a lot to me. "Guys are complete assholes. Whenever they do something wrong, they tell you that they love you. Whenever they're afraid you're going to leave, they'll tell you that they love you. Whenever they want you to come back, they tell you that they love you."

I took a deep breath, trying to collect all my thoughts as I let out my feeling. "Love isn't something to be played around with. And guys don't understand that because it's they're only way of making sure that they won't lose you. Trust me, I know. And when you come back, they realize that they won't ever lose you, so they treat you like shit. And man, it hurts. But you have to be stronger than that. Show them they aren't controlling you because they shouldn't. You're not his toy, alright? You're a wonderful girl who can have any guy in the world if you want."

She cried lightly now, managing to say a few words. "Thank you Kat," she said, "thank you more than anything. I needed that. God, thanks so much. I know what to do now."

I smiled, proud of what I had said. "You're welcome."

So I sat there for another hour, answering people and giving them the best advice I could register. Not only was this a bit refreshing, but it also lifted some weight off my shoulders. I was feeling a bit happy until I received a call.

"I've got a problem," a familiar female voice spoke from the other line.

I shut my eyes, immdiately recognizing who it was. "What is it?" I croaked.

She took a deep sigh. "I accidentally made out with my best friend's boyfriend when I was drunk, and she assumed the worst things. Nothing was going on between me and Za- I mean, her boyfriend but I don't think she believed it. Now it's been almost three weeks but she hasn't even answered my texts and I'm worried about her. What do I do?"

I fought back the urge to cry. "Leave her alone because she doesn't really know what she's doing at the moment."

Carlee sighed, "Kat, don't fuck with me. I know you've been really upset, and I'm sorry, okay? But I was drunk and alone, and he was just there. And if you're mad at him, don't be. I was the one who leaned in to kiss him. He was too drunk to object. And if you're mad at me, don't be. Because we've been friends too long for shit like boys to get in our way."

I pursed my lips together, wanting to end the call. But I couldn't do that.

"Come on Kat. You can't be mad at me forever." She asked, her voice cracking a bit.

"Carlee, not now. Call me. Later."

"You're not going to pick up," she replied. And I sighed, because I knew she was right.