The World Aflame Chapter: 12 Those Who Wish to Stay Hidden

Chapter 12

The plan was ridiculous. Larry's plan was simple yet stupid. He wanted to sneak into a science compound and try to find out what was going on. I was very skeptical of the plan but I knew it was a better idea than I had had. My plan had been more complicated. I would let the military capture me and they would undoubtedly take me to their research station but everyone in the counsel had shut down that idea. 

   "What if things didn't go as planned and instead they just execute you!" Karliah exclaimed. After that one after the other the others chimed in to shut down my idea.

   "So then how are we supposed to get into the compound?" I asked. "They aren't just going to let us in and fighting our way in is out of the question since the research and development stations have the highest security of them all. They'd see us before we got with in ten  kilometers." There were several sighs around the rooms as they realized just how hard it was going to be to take on a research station.

   "Well what if they couldn't see us coming at all or by any means?" Larry asked smiling. I looked to some of the other counsel members like Emily who just shrugged. 

   "What do you mean? If they couldn't see us. They have scanners for our abilities you know?" Larry's grin just got bigger.

   "Yes i'm very well aware but I recently heard a rumor of a new ability that has been discovered but it is super rare and it is really hard to find a CAU with the ability do you know why?" I thought about it for a moment and then gasped in shock.

   "You don't mean there power is..." The more I thought about it the more I was certain that I had heard this before. There had been an incident in West Virginia where a CAU was discovered but when the government went to go capture the CAU. He or she disappeared with out a trace. They left behind absolutely no trace that the government could track. but they hadn't been heard from since.

   "Yes their power is to completely hide themselves from any sort of detection visual or otherwise."

   Hi this is the Author speaking I just wanted to apologize for this tiny chapter. I've been very busy living life and I've been focusing primarily on my Heroes of the Elemental Academies book but I promise I will continue to write this story as well. I thank you for your time and consideration. Don't forget to comment on my stories and tell me what you think of how I'm doing. Your Advice and insight is much appreciated. Plus If you haven't checked out my other book i'd suggest you get over to profile and start right away. it's an amazing book that is the product of many years of trial and error and it's only the first book of the series so make sure to check it out. Well that's all for me. See you later and remember that nothing is impossible as long as you believe. (-Stratford Ukena)