“Aaron, my sweet baby. Is that you?” His mother called out from the kitchen where impressive scents of cooked food was coming from, his stomach growled as he dropped his backpack by the stairs and went to investigate what his mom was preparing.

 “Hi Mommy.” He said by way of greeting as he entered the kitchen and was immediately smothered in kisses and his face was shoved into an ample bosom. He took a minute to inhale the scent of freesia and white tea, a scent he would forever remind him of home and his beautiful mother.

She leaned back and brushed his dark brown bangs out of his face. “Now I talked to Miss Taylor this afternoon and I don’t want you to pay her and that coach any mind, not everyone is made out for sports. But you do have to pass his class to graduate.” She went on to say, “Not to worry because the man is working on something for you to get the passing grade you need. Now, I made your favorite, chicken tetrazzini. Go wash up and I will set out a plate for you.” She finished as she turned back to the stove.

 Aaron just shook his head and smiled. The woman was a Goddess in the kitchen, it was a shame his sperm donor couldn’t stomach the fact that his son was a queer and that his trophy wife was okay with it, so instead of Him getting thrown out like his father had demanded. His overprotective mother had kicked her homophobic husband out instead. And he was required by the fine State of Florida to pay for all of their needs and then some, since he was a big time criminal lawyer with his own firm of minions. Aaron wouldn’t classify himself as rich, but he never wanted or needed for anything. But all he really required to be happy was his privacy and his kindle, since he was an avid reader. He liked being invisible to his mother’s detriment; she didn’t understand that he would rather be looked over than bullied or picked on for being openly gay by his wonderful peers.

 People at school tended to not realize he was there and that worked fine for him, except when it came to Josh, but has lived with it for four years. And when everyone graduates and go their separate ways, he would continue to just mark it down at his high school crush. He had grand plans to study literature and professional writing, anything that would land him a job in a publishing house. His love of written word was his drive in life. He was ashamed to admit his one guilty though pleasure was gay fiction. He had stumbled across it on a free reading website and then on Amazon where he discovered authors like, Andrew Grey, SJD Peterson, and K.C. Wells. He was in heaven with his numerous male on male romance stories ranging from syrupy sweet to erotically naughty.

 They had fueled hours of masturbation scenarios starring Josh as his leading man. Aaron changed the trend of his thoughts before returning to the kitchen and sitting down to eat with his mother. She told him about her day and he dutifully listened and returned the gesture. He cleaned the kitchen after dinner and wished her a goodnight as she settled into watch one of her lifetime movies on TV.

 Aaron quickly shuffled up the stairs and into his room. His clothes came off two seconds later and he scooped them up and dumped them in the laundry hamper. He turned on the faucets and plugged the drain so that the water could fill the tub. He was in the mood for a good long soak and to finish the juicy story he had started yesterday but never got the chance to complete. While the tub was filling up he turned to the full length mirror on the wall and took a good look at himself. Aaron knew he was shorter than average he barely made it to 5’6 inches tall and that was in shoes, body was milky white and slender. He had avoided the beach like the plague and he would much rather stay in the air conditioned house and read rather than sunning himself like a rotisserie chicken out in the humid Miami sunshine.

 He brought one hand up and flicked his hair off his forehead and looked at his face, his glasses were a permanent fixture over his hazel eyes. He hated his contact lenses; they made his eyes feel irritated when he chose to wear them so he preferred his glasses. He was naturally slender no matter how much he ate and he actually liked that fact about himself, but otherwise he thought he was simply ordinary. Sighing heavily, Aaron turned away from his reflection and stepped into the half filled tub and sank into the fragrant water. He settled back and picked up his kindle and thoroughly immersed himself in his story for the remainder of the evening.