The Boy

He's tall, Dan Howell. Tall enough that he looms like a shadow in the crowded hallway, and tall enough that it's impossible for him to blend in. If he weren't so scrawny, or so downright strange, I know that the football coach would be all over his ass to join the team.

And he was strange indeed. Quiet, distant. Unfailing clever, though, a straight-shot for valedictorian. Handsome. Normally all of these together would become the perfect rom-com character: mysterious, smart, dashing. But he was weird as well. He came to school the same time, down to identical seconds, every day, walked at the same pace with the same blank expression to his locker, and continued the day in similar patterns.

What was even stranger was how little affected he seemed when there was a schedule change, which was one of many reasons why I crossed OCD off of my Reasons Why Dan Is Mad list. He just...went along with it, adjusted his schedule accordingly, and never faltered in his timing.

I should know. I considered myself to be the one and only (and therefore best) Dan Howell Behavior Analyzer. It wasn't stalking, it was science.

Though, with an emotional connection, it might've been both.

He's coming this way now. I'll take a picture of this with my phone—maybe I can create a mini-series off this. Either way, paper, say hello to the garbage!