CHAPTER 3: I need to talk to you

CHAPTER 3

Ming had a chocolate bar in front of him, but it wasn't just that. It was a Kitkat. His favorite food in the world. His favorite flavor in the world. His favorite nickname in the world. A Kitkat for his Kitkat. A gift for his new -hopefully- friend.

"Come on, Mingkwan, you can do this." He mumbled to himself, while sitting four tables away from the usual table of the doctor gang. 

This time food was not required, but he was drinking non-stopping an iced tea, with the only purpose of having something to do that will prevent him from exploding thanks to his nerves. 

Right now  Wayo hasn't come with him, though. He was busy with his other friends and, at the end, Ming prefered it like this.

If he was going to make a fool of himself, he better do it with a small crowd.

The canteen was being noisy as always. Ming could hear the future doctors complaining about finals and new projects coming their way. A lot of things were said in other languages for Ming. Probably medicine and engineer were too different to pretend to understand them equally.

"Hey, kid."

His drink froze in the way to his mouth when Ming heard someone approaching his lonely table. Looking around, Ming felt his cheeks turning into a soft shade of pink.

"P'Kit!" He exclaimed loudly, too surprised to even care about the volume of his voice.

"Don't yell, can you?" The petite boy looked around uncomfortable, with the curious eyes of his fellows doctors directed at them. Once people started to ignore them again, the med student frowned while sitting himself in front of Ming. "I need to talk to you."

"Me? I mean, why? Why do you want to talk to me, P'?"

The older blinked a few times.

"Well, first, how do you know my name? That would be a good start. I'm pretty sure I have never met you before." Kit spoke with curiosity, but fortunately, there was no dark mood behind that. "Also you can help me with something important. Are you willing to help me?"

Ming was perplex. He came to the medical faculty with the only goal to man up and talk to his crush, but suddenly life came to him with another a plan. A better plan, Ming can tell.

P'Kit needs him? Well, that's just freaking awesome.

"Oi, P', I'm more than okay with helping you in whatever you need." He smiled widely, truly happy with the little talk taking place in his table. "Just tell me what you need, P'. I'll do my best for you."

The petite boy looked at him, insecure. Ming couldn't stop staring at his precious face. If P'Kit was feeling uncomfortable about it, he was coping with it pretty well.

"Do you-... I mean, please don't overreact or-... I'm just talking hypothetically, okay?"

Whatever P'Kit wanted to know, Ming was willing to tell. The boy seemed to be nervous, maybe more than Ming but, at this point, the engineer student was feeling better, not so nervous and not so afraid. He was feeling good enough to let himself be his usual playful self.

"Ask me, P'"

"Do you like-... do you, maybe-...."

"Sorry, P'. Can you talk a bit louder? I can't understand you."

"I said.... do you like someone?" He asked, glancing away.

Well, Ming was ready to pass him Ming's phone number, also ready to accept to go on a date. But something as straightforward as this? Ming felt his heart jump out of his normal place.

Is this boy planning to kill him or something?

"I... I think so." He doubted at first but, what is the point in giving an answer like that? "I mean, yes. Yes, I like someone, P'. Uhm, do you want a name, perhaps? I'm not sure if I can say it out loud all of sudden." He reply, feeling his blood rush to his face. Where did this shyness came from? Ming was scared. "I never took you for-..."

"It's not like that!" P'Kit cut him. Pointing at him with a finger. For some reason, that wasn't the answer P' wanted. Ming was curious now.

"Then, why do you ask? Maybe... maybe you're trying to confess, P'?"

 maybe you're trying to confess, P'?"

"Hell, no. I'm not like that, nong. Don't say things you don't know." The older stood up, harashly.

Ming felt confused and in need to say something else. But whatever he could say now, was worthless. P'Kit did not waste another second. He left him there, going back to the table where the gang was.

Ming saw P'Pha and P'Beam looking at P'Kit, probably wanting to know about their brief talk. Ming wished he could hear that words from P'Kit too. Instead, he stood up, knowing there was no reason for him to keep stalking a boy who was currently mad at him.

The motive of that? Unknown.

NOTES: Chapter 3 is up! Hello, people! 

This chapter is so short, but at least Kit spoke to Ming, right? 555 I promise things will be more interesting in the future. Hope you're enjoying it. I'm trying to update as fast as possible.