What Are We?

Chapter five

What Are We

“Izaya, there is something I need to know.”

“And what may that be?” Izaya said grinning at the blonde.

Shizuo does NOT know how to go about asking his question. You would think he would know what they were, but sadly that damn Flea had to be so confusing! You never knew what he was thinking OR planning . . . “Izaya . . .? W-what are we?”

Izaya’s eyes widened when he heard that and a light dusting of red appeared on his cheeks. “Well, what do you want to be?”

“I . . . Well I would like us to be together . . . . You know like . . .” Shizuo said rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

“Like lovers?” Izaya guessed.

The blonde blushed ferousishly at that but nodded and whispered, “Yeah . . . like lovers,”

“Is that what you want, Shizu-chan?”

“Yeah . . . I think so.”

Shizuo did not know how badly Izaya wanted to hear that. Finally being able to hear it brings a true smile to the raven-haired man’s face. Clinging onto the blonde’s arm, “Then we’ll be lovers!” Izaya giggled.

Before Izaya OR Shizuo could do anything about their new found relationship state, Simon brought them their sushi.

“Eat! Sushi good, yea?”

Izaya spotting his beloved ootoro grabs his sushi and pops one in his mouth, melting to the taste of his one and only other love: fatty tuna. “Mmm . . .”

Shizuo chuckles looking at the raven’s face, which seems to be enjoying this food a little too much, and then thanks Simon for the food.

They eat in silence for a bit; well as silent as it can get with Izaya moaning every time he puts a piece of fatty tuna in his mouth. After they were finished, Shizuo pays for their meal, and then they both head over to Izaya’s place.