chapter 3

shes a keeper

C R U Z  A L L E N

BLOOD covers my knuckles as I pull a bloody man away from Noah, who is being held back by Kay and a girl. Kay is holding Noah's angry face in her hands and talking to him, while her panicked friend looks around not knowing what to do. 

And I hate that Im watching her instead of focusing on the dick who spit in Noahs face. But I cant help it. Her eyes are a beautiful emerald green and her blond hair falls over her shoulders in  waves. She has on a baggy sweatshirt and has no shoes on with her sweatpants. Just a pair of blue socks. 

It's so cute. 

When I fist saw her, she was focusing on Kay so much that she ran right into me. 

I was holding Noah back, but it was useless because the dickhead who is now beat to a pulp was spitting shit toward him. As I was watching the jerk to see if he would attack again, I felt a lump in my mid-section. As I looked down, I met the eyes of a beautiful girl. She was half the size of me and her head just reached to my neck. 

I was staring at her when the dude spat something about Kay coming, and Noah just about lunged. Luckily, as Noah was walking over to the dude to punch him some more, Kay grabbed Noah's arm and twisted it behind his back. I hate to say it, but with Kay's cousin Derek, Kay is a lot stronger than us. It's the nimble way her body moves that makes it so hard to get away from her, and shes fast. Fast.

One moment she will be in front of you, the next, behind you and punching your back. Her cousin Derek taught her, he was from the army, but after he got in an accident he now lives with his pregnant girlfriend. The child isnt his, but he loves the girl and can't wait to meet his child. Frella, the girl he is dating, is having a little boy and everyone knows Derek will be a great dad. 

Frella and Derek are another couple thats pretty sickening cute. 

So is it weird that when I think of them right now, the familiar hole in my chest doesn't hurt? In fact, it makes me look back to see Kays friend rubbing circles on Noah's neck and is strangely calming him down. A pressure point.

Kay is grinning at her and still talking to Noah. Im still carrying in the dick.

"Shes pretty, you know? Maybe I can get her in bed one day..." I look down when I hear the man talking and expect him to be looking at Kay. But he's not. Hes looking at Kay's friend, the one with the word "Downey" on the back. 

"Shut the hell up," I say in an annoyed voice and pull my arm back and slam my fist right into the man's jaw. Immediately, he's reached his finishing point because his eyes close and he goes limp in my arms. Hes passed out. Relief fills me and I drop the man. 

The crowd that was surrounding Noah now flood past me and look at the after effect on the guy sleeping on the ground. I grin in satisfaction, and start to wipe my hands off on my pants.  I regroup with Kay and she looks at me.

"What happened?" Her eyes move back to Noah who is smiling at her and moving his hands around her waist. 

"A long shit story." I groan and rub my hands on my neck. I don't even know for sure what he said, all I know is he new Noah's name and approached with a smug smile. 

"One we should discuss inside." Kay becomes aware of the people still watching us, and probably doesn't want to risk anyone making Noah angrier. 

"Your right. Our dorm though, it's closer." I lead Noah and Kay, along with her friend, toward my dorm room with Noah. I hate the fact that I want to slow down and talk to the girl. I also want to hear her voice. She hasn't spoken to me yet, and I long to hear her. So maybe thats why I slow my pace and fall in step beside her. Kay and I meet eyes for a second, and she grins while shaking her head.