Chapter Seven

After that morning thought, (Y/n) was only met with disappointment. No sign of Ittoki was near, causing her to sigh as she hung up her uniform at the end of her shift.

She waved goodbye to the many children — only to say hello to them again in the morning.

Her hope remained low from her previous fall, and she payed more attention to the children. It was about half way through another shift when an alarming sound hit her ear drums.

"(Y/n)!" Ittoki panted while running all the way to her from the door. He was drenched in sweat and looked as if he had been running for quite a distance.

"You alright?", (Y/n) rose her eyebrow with a laugh. Otoya nodded and giggled, standing himself up straight with a hand kept behind his back.

A small smile flashed on the girl's face,"I didn't see you yesterday."

"That's because I'm a ninja." Otoya joked," But really, it was kind of busy with agency. I couldn't get away!"

"Poor baby.." (Y/n) shook her head, at the same time cackling under her breath. The red-head nodded as he trailed off,"B- But! To make it up to you.."

A small teddy bear flashed out from behind his back as did a large smile on his face. A speechless (l/n) gained lit eyes as it's soft, plushy form entered her hands.

"You.. didn't have to." She pushed it towards the male, trying to return it, only to have it pushed back.

"I wanted to! I felt pretty bad, plus I did kind of forget to win you something at the carnival.." He laughed awkwardly to himself before recieving a small peck on the cheek from the bear itself.

"Well, thank you, goofball." She brought the stuffie back to her chest and giggled, watching how flustered he grew. She admired how bashful he was and considered it to be one of his many cute traits. She also admired his bright red face that now matched the color of his hair, wearing his usual contagious smile.

As always, Otoya broke her train of thought, beaming out excitedly when he turned his head,"You guys got a new puzzle?!"

He rushed to sit himself in the middle of a group of children. Immediately, (y/n) couldn't tell the age difference, he acted just as childish as the rest of them - Just another thing for (Y/n) to fall in love with.