Chapter 7

MPOV

I close my eyes, trying hard to get the images out of my head. I wonder how many years I'll have to live with these pictures. Probably forever... these things don't just go away, they scar.

"Max? Max, please don't look so sad, besides I know about one good thing that you got." Chase says offering a helpful grin. I tilt my head, what could be so good about that. As if reading my mind, he answers.

"You met Angel, Gazzy, Iggy, Nudge, and Fang, didn't you?" he said. I ignore the last name he says. But beside that he was right. I don't know what kind of person I would be if I had never met Angel, or the others.

"Yea I guess your right." I say. The sun was out of sight now, leaving behind a purple haze. Chase looks up at the sky.

"And I guess, I wouldn't complain if I could be free to fly everywhere I wanted. Away from the people I didn't like." he whispers. I get up slowly. Walking over to stand in front of Chase. I unfurl my wings and outstretch my hand. He blushes deeply and takes my hand.

"Chase, would you like to fly with me?" I ask. Chase puts his hands in his pockets and stares at his feet.

"I... don't think you can carry me." He says quietly with a chuckle. I roll my eyes and turn. I take a running start and jump into the air. I was so close to falling in the water but I was already airborne. I fly up into the air and look down at chase. I cross my arms across my chest.

"So... you think I cant carry you?" I say with a smirk. I dive bomb over to him and grab his arms. Before Chase had a chance to react I was already high up in the air. It was getting darker by the minute so I doubt anyone can see us. After awhile of flying around I landed on top of a small building, It was probably a flee market or something.

I drop Chase down first then come to a running stop. I look over at Chase, who had a cute sideways smile and his eyes shined like a child on Christmas morning.

"That was amazing! Best thing I've ever done in my life. I cant believe how high we went." he says putting a hand though his caramel hair. I wouldn't really say we went up SO high. But if I had taken him up farther it probably would have been harder for him to breath.

"So, now what?" he asked when all his adrenaline had died down. I shrug and extend my finger and poke him.

"Your it." I say before I jump off the side of the building.

"That's not fair!" Chase calls as I laugh.

Maximum your getting careless. The voice said.

Whatever. I think continuing to laugh.

FPOV

How could she be so comfortable showing her wings to him? And then she has the nerve to take him for a joy ride.

Whatever, I waited a couple of minutes before following them. God I hate that guy.

Finally after a while Max looked into Chases eyes while he jumps around, apparently excited he was the first wingless person to fly (not counting airplanes). I quickly land and stay behind a tree. The streets were dark and empty, everyone already retreated to their homes.

"Your it." I hear Max say before jumping off the building. I watch as Chase went from an excited kid to a worried mess, then back to a playful expression. Had he really expected Max to fall and die?

"That's not fair!" Chase called. Max laughs then starts flying around for a minute smiling down at him. She smiles so much more these days...

Max goes over a few feet over Chases reach. Chase jumps, but fails. He tries over and over, until he finally gives. He puckers his lips and stuffs his hands in his jeans pockets. Max laughs in return.