Chapter 2

MPOV 

Chase smiles through his hazel eyes.

"Okay, Max...So where are you headed?" Chase asks as I start toward a close by ice cream shop.

"Well I think I'm going to get some frozen yogurt, then I'm going home." I say crossing the street. I look over slightly to see if he was behind me.

Thankfully Chase follows me to the other side.

"C-Can I join you?" he asks scratching his head. God that was so cute.

I act like I'm thinking about it for a minute. He wasn't evil...It wouldn't hurt to hang out with him for a while...

"OK." I say as casually as I could.

I walk onto the sidewalk and toward a small place with big words saying KayKays IceCream Shop. As I walk into the shop I feel a cool breeze of air hit me. It was so nice in there compared to outside. I walk up to the counter and look down at the freezers that held the ice creams. Chase joins me and smiles pointing at all the ones he liked. I laugh when he says something funny and when the old Chinese guy handed him the two scooped strawberry cone and he licked his lips looking excited.

I ask for a two scooped chocolate chip cookie dough cone. I pay for mine and Chase pays for his. We walk out and I start in the direction of the old cabin. Chase making sure to keep in step.

I take a bite of the ice cream and marvel at the yumminess.

Chase catches this and smiles.

"Good choice." he says with a chuckle.

"Thanks I love cookie dough. Your choice is good too." I say nodding at his already half eaten ice cream.

He shrugs, and I could have sworn I saw a soft pink blush on his cheeks.

"Umm. I live a couple of blocks away, do you really want to walk home with me?" I ask as we keep going.

He stopped to thinks about it for a minute. I was shocked when he suddenly chomps three big bites of the ice cream and then a big one from the bottom of the cone. He runs to a trash can and throws the remaining pieces away. When he runs back his face was a bit pink.

"Ow...Its cold!...Okay, wait right here...COLD!" he says running in the direction of the dollar store.

I couldn't help but crack up by myself. I wait for him to come back wondering if Fang was still in there...or did he already go home? I sigh at the thought of Fang with that girl. When I got home I wouldn't even tell him about seeing him. I'll just tell him the true...that I didn't like him.

I throw my ice cream away, losing my appetite.

I look up as I see Chase running back. In his hands he was rolling a blue bike.

I watch as he makes his way over to me.

"Okay, you ride the bike. That way you wont get so tired walking." he says with a shy smile.

I take the bike in my hands. Wow I hadn't ridden a bike in ever.

Of course I still remembered, I loved biking back when we used to live with Jeb.

I thought about it for a minute. Then I looked up a bit concerned.

"What about you?" I ask sliding my hand over the black seat.

"Don't worry, I'll be right behind you." he says getting in a running position.

My mouth drops open.

"WHAT? No way, your not going to run five blocks!" I say trying to push the bike back in his hands.

He pushes It back chuckling.

"I was just kidding. Truthfully I wouldn't run five blocks even if I was being chased by Jason with a chainsaw...or that little doll named Chucky." he says smiling and taking off the book bag he had also brought back with him.

He unzips it and takes out a skateboard. It was black on the top and it was a dark green on the bottom with a scull and roses.

He walks onto the street and gets on. He rolls around for a while, showing me he could do some impressive stunts.

"Okay lets go." he says after a while. I grin and get on the bike.

It felt good to have the wind rushing threw my hair. Not as good as flying, but so much better then walking.

Max, what are you doing?

I'm headed home obviously. I tell the voice.

I bet if I could see the voices face, it would probably be scrolling at me.

After a few minutes I look around seeing Chase speeding down the street. I had never seen such agility and gracefulness in a skateboarder before.

I had a strong temptation to go jump off the bike, spread my wings and fly right next to him.

But instead i just forced my wings in tighter.

Hey, heads up.

I slow down a bit and look up at the sky. I watch as I see something far in the distance gliding through the clouds like a black winged bird. It flew quickly and siliently across the air.

Fang.

He was probably trying to get home before anyone found out what he was doing.

I shake my head and catch up to chase, trying not to look up again.

I look over at Chase and catch him slightly looking up at the sky through his messy hair, then back down at the ground. My eyes widen. What had he been looking at?

Could it be possible that he saw Fang?

No, he couldnt have...Fang was too far away, the only way i saw him was because of my mutated vision. I look down at the speeding road under me.

"Max? You okay?" I hear Chase call to me. I look up and see him staring consernedly biting his lower lip.

"yea, i'm good...umm we should stop here!" i call, pushing the brakes, i come to a complete stop looking at the woods that were just acouple of feet away.

I look back at Chase who was trying desprately to slow down. I stare as he speeds by me flying off the board. i flinch as he hits the ground hard rolling to a stop.

I jump off my bike and kneel down.

"Ouch." he says sitting up and rubbing his head.

"Are you okay?" I ask helping him stand up.

"Yea, i just...was'nt concentrating." he says blushing helplessly.

"Okay well, umm my house is just down this dirt road. I should go alone." i say thinking of what would happen if he walked in on the flock playing sky tag. That would be a disaster.

"Oh, okay." he says looking at the narrow path. "Umm. be careful."

I couldnt help but feel like he wanted to come.

"I mean unless you want to...meet my siblings." I say.

"You have siblings?" he asks.

"Yea five." i say.

"Wow. Sure that'd be cool." he says giving me a pearly smile (which honestly took my breath away.)

Okay so there you go. It probably was'nt that exciteing but later on it'll get good... Please REVIEW IF YOU LIKE IT!