11

clink.

i heard something hit against the balcony window in my room.

clink.

the sound was more clear and louder the second time, it seemed like there was a stone that was hitting against the window. was it hailing outside?

my phone vibrated; indicating a message from someone.

you have received [2] new messages from DAEHWI

you are now chatting with DAEHWI

DAEHWI

DAEHWI
come outside to your balcony
& make sure your roommate isn't there!
˚read at 10:58 pm

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

was he the cause of the sound outside of my window?

i let out a small groan as i left my bed and made sure that my roommate wasn't around. well, she was a party person, so she was rarely ever around.

quickly, i stepped into my slippers and tied my hair into a messy ponytail. i opened up the door to the balcony to see not only daehwi sitting there, but also woojin.

"how the hell did you guys make it up to my balcony?" i looked at both of them in disbelief.

both of them looked at each other and then back at me.

"we have our ways," daehwi grinned as if he was the purest cinnamon roll in the world.

i quirked an eyebrow, "wait, how did you even know which balcony was mine?"

"like i said, we have our ways," daehwi laughed as he patted the ground next to him. "sit down, we both have a gift for you."

"hmm, what is it?" i asked as i sat down next to daehwi.

"you could probably already smell it though," woojin commented.

"we got some midnight snacks to share!!" daehwi cheered excitedly as he held out a mcdonalds paper bag.

i looked at daehwi, "it's not even midnight yet—"

the blonde boy rolled his eyes while woojin took out a plastic bag filled with chips, snacks, and three bottles of cola.

the snaggletooth boy began opening the bags of chips and took a quick glance at me, "we're having a pre-welcome party for you—.. welcome i guess..."

"thanks i guess," i smiled at woojin and then i looked at daehwi who was watching the two of us with a smug look on his face.

"what's with that ugly look on your face, lamehwi?" woojin frowned at the other boy and gave him a small smack on the arm.

"it's nothing," daehwi snorted and then woojin shoved a few fries into his mouth; catching the blonde boy off guard.

"am i missing out on something?" i asked out of curiosity.

the two boys eyed each other and then woojin shoved more fries into daehwi's mouth. the red-haired boy scratched his neck, "it's nothing... don't worry about it."

"hmm, okay if you say so," i took a chicken nugget and ate it.

"seolhee, you should go to the halloween ball by the way," daehwi grinned at me as he opened a bag of chips. "it's always fun every year, so you should attend it..! woojin and the other guys will be glad to see you there."

the blonde boy nudged the other boy with a cheeky grin, "riiiiight, woojin?"

"yeah, yeah whatever.." woojin nonchalantly replied. he seemed to be avoiding eye contact with me, but maybe it was just me being too attentive.

the three of us continued to talk about many different things and daehwi told us about his adventures to find his missing sock. our conversations varied from ugly jokes with laughs in between to stories about our own pasts. they exchanged their stories with mine and i told them how my parents were against me becoming a dancer. daehwi shared how he always wanted to be an idol and woojin told us about his passion for dancing.

we all watched the stars glistening in the sky as we shared a heartwarming conversation about our dreams. i could feel nostalgia lingering in the air.

daehwi spoke up, "you know, sometimes i never want to grow up because it feels like i'm departing from my past and i'm not sure if i'm ready to do that—"

"it's okay, you aren't departing from your past.. when you grow older and older, you're just starting another chapter in your life and connecting it from the previous one," i patted daehwi's back.

"yeah, everyone needs to move on some point in their lives even if it's painful or not. who knows, you might actually enjoy being older once you experience it," woojin ruffled daehwi's hair and took a sip out of his cola bottle.

"wow, woojin is so wise and deep," i commented which triggered a red hue to arise from his cheeks. was he shy?

"shut up..." he continued to drink his cola out of embarrassment.

daehwi and i exchanged looks; both of us let out a laugh. as soon as woojin opened his mouth to say something, all of our phones vibrated in unison; indicating a notification.

woojin picked up his phone and then frowned.

"what is it?? did someone message the group chat?" i asked.

he showed his screen to us and the three of us knew that something bad was about to happen.

YERIN has joined the chatroom

---
A/N: i was going to take forever to update, but i saw that my book hit 3k viEWS so i quiCKLY WHIPPED UP A CHAPTER BC I DIDNT WANT YOU GUYS TO WAIT!!!! wTH ILY ALL SO MUCH