I turn away from him and speak that way. I know its rude, but Ive known Noah for years and he doesn't care. Noah is my best friend, and Im his. 

"No." 

I cant tell him that his relationship with Kay bugs me. He may get the wrong idea. But I could tell Kay. She always seems to have an input on my life, I just never listen to her. Maybe she could help me since she is studying to be a therapist now. As the thought comes to me, she appears out of the water in front of me with an award winning smile. Her brown hair is plastered to her face and she grins at me, her new dimples popping out.

"Hi Cruz." She says and swims around me, her dazzling ring catching in the sunlight. I helped Noah pick out that ring and was happy for him. I never thought it would make the pit in my stomach larger. 

She and Noah catch each other and their tan bodies glimmer as they hug. Water drips from them, when I get an idea. I silently dive into the water, and grab Noahs foot, pulling him backwards under water. I then wraps my legs around the other, and soon enough bubbles surround me as Kay and him submerge into the water.

I grab their heads and hold them underwater until I decide I should let them go since they still need to untangle themselves.

Laughing, I burst out from the lakes dirty water and run my fingers through my brown hair. The sun blinds me for a moment before I slide out of the way and decide I should start running. I sim as fast as I can back to shore and grab my phone and beach towel. As soon as my feet dry, the burning sand now hurts my feet as I run. I jump up and down all the way to my car where I throw my still sandy towel in the back and start to get in my car when I hear my named yelled and look back.

"Cruz Allen!" Kay is sprinting across the tiny beach, her feet somehow immune to the burning solids. Her face is one of determination as she runs toward me. I let out a little shout as she grabs me and tackles me to the ground. Sand kicks up around us as she tackles me and starts playfully punching me. 

"Whoa what whoa, think of puppies! Kittens! Monkeys!" I scream to calm her down.

"I hate monkeys!" She screams as she still punches me. She laughs joyfully as I place my hands up to block some of them. Soon enough, she is pulled off of me by Noah and he looks at his love with bewilderment and a surprised face. I didnt know she had feet that were immune to boiling sand. 

"You may want to go," Noah trails off as Kay starts wiggling in his arms like a worm and he almost loses his grip. She yells to let her go as she looks at me with the need for revenge in her eyes. 

Without wasting a second more, I get into the driver's seat of my car and take off, making sure my tires spit some sand at them. I hear Kay scream and look back to see her face morphed into surprise and anger. Then she does something unbelievable, and takes off after my car. My eyes widen and I rush to pick up my speed and turn onto the main road where she pauses and gives me a warm smile as she waves at me.

Odd girl. But I love her, shes like a sister to me. 

Soon enough, Im laughing to myself as I pull up on my houses driveway, and pull out my towel and flip it in the air a couple of times, getting the sand out. Bringing my shoes onto the beach may have been a smart idea if only I did. I chew on my lip as I realize that, and exhale slowly. 

I place the towel across my shoulder, and start to use my arm and swipe out most of the sand with my arm and leave the tiny grams. I walk into my house, and place the towel in the laundry shoot I had put in for my mom.