Chapter 4: Trivia & Treats

"Hello, Brat." Jay smirked.

"Hi, jerk." I smiled back as I stepped inside his beautiful two story home. As I looked around, I noticed a lot of shells and jars of sand. I also noticed that there were different colored walls in each room. I instantly loved his house. I was not expecting his house to look like that at all. Jay led me up stairs where I met one of his cats, Kiggy. He was a shade of the color orange and had very soft fur. He was quite friendly too. He ran off to Jay's brothers room where he apparently spends most of his time hiding. Jay has one brother named Brandon who is a year younger than him. Brandon isn't as socially involved  with things as Jay is. He rather stay in his room all day.

Jay led me into his room and we sat on the bed. He pointed to one of his walls that had to Chicago bears jerseys hung up on hangers on it & said, "Fales & Barkley. My two favorite players. They are sick."  I smiled in admiration and looked all around his room. He had quite the collection of Soda bottles on a shelf above his bed. He's obsessed with candy and Dr.Pepper so it wasn't too shocking. I just didn't think he'd be the type to collect something of the sort. His mom walked into his room after that and I smiled & said "Hi mrs. Jensen!" She replied with a warm smile and a hello back. She seemed very sweet.

"Jay, you should have cleaned your room before you invited her over! Your dad would flip if he knew you didn't." Said Mrs. Jensen.

"Mom, my room is fine and besides that, I'm too lazy." Jay said back.

His mom just chuckled and playfully rolled her eyes. "I'll be downstairs" she said as she exited the room. A few moments later, the front door bell rang so Jay and I walked back downstairs and answered the door. It was his friends we were hanging out with. Luna, Shannon, Vanessa & Jarrett. They were all our age and all different in their own ways. The girls definitely stuck by eachother and I could tell they were great friends. Jarrett kind of seemed out of element and was very quiet unless spoken to. He kind just sat there off to the side on his phone while the girls all stood together talking about coffee and the latest animes they've been into. Jay introduced me to everyone and then we went to the living room to where his Xbox was. There were chairs formed in a semi circle so I sat on a cute wooden bench on the left side of the circle. Like I thought, the girls took the chairs near each other and Jarrett took the chair closest to the tv while Brandon chose the big comfy rocking chair and Jay sat next to me. 

"Alright sooo what does Everyone want to play?" Asked Jay.

"Where's the pizza?" Jarrett asked.

"Over on the bar top. Plates are up there as well and the sodas are in the fridge. Again, what game should we play?" Jay said.

"Let's play trivia murder party!" Vanessa suggested.

"Alright. Trivia it is!" Brandon replied.

Jay started the game then looked over at me and said "good luck" with a devious smile. I smiled back and told him "it's you that's gonna need the luck." At that point, he was so ready for the challenge and I was so determined to beat him. I died halfway through the game. He made it to the finals where his brother finished him off and took the victory. There was lots of shouting and laughter and name bashing between the two that it was almost as if they had trained their whole lives for that moment.

"Pure luck!" Jay shouted at Brandon.

"As if. You're just jealous of true skills." Brandon shouted back.

"Boys, boys. Two out of three? Winner takes all?" chimed in Luna.

Brandon looked her way, "I'm listening..."

Jay looked just as intrigued and asked "takes all of what?"

Luna looked around looking for a prize worthy of winning and came to a conclusion. "Winner gets the last slice of pizza!" Brandon and Jay immediately looked at eachother.

"DEAL!!"

The questions this round seemed easier than the first and I actually survived until the end, then got swallowed by the shadows but I impressed Jay on a few of my answers. Jay ended up winning round two but Brandon won round three and took the last slice. While everyone got up to get drinks, I sat behind the bench on the floor and got comfortable that way. My back was starting to give out from not having support behind it. When Jay walked back over to me, he sat on the floor with me.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"My back is killing me." I replied.

He nodded then said "meee tooo. I'm glad you said it." 

We resumed our positions in the living room and chose a different game to play. I sat out this round because I wanted to see a demonstration on how it's supposed to be played. I noticed a lot of pointing and hand raising. Halfway thru the game, Jay reached his hand over and held mine. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I rested my head on his shoulder because it was getting late and I was getting sleepy from working earlier this morning. We played video games and drank sodas until about 3 am, then the party was worn out and everyone started to go home. Jay wanted me to stay after everyone left so I did. We said goodbye to everyone then he led me back upstairs to his room when they all finally drove away.  We sat on his bed and started talking.

"Sooo.. what did you think of my friends?" He asked. I laughed and jokingly said, "gosh, they're terrible for sure!" He looked shocked and questioned why I thought that. "Jay, I'm kidding. I think they're great. I can definitely see why you like them." He laughed back and said, "ohh! You were kidding! Yeah they're pretty cool. Sometimes a pain in my ass."
After that we just sat there for a second, staring at each other.

that's when he leaned in and kissed me.