Chapter 26

I sit quietly with my knees tucked to my chest, watching the starry cluttered night sky. Breathing out deeply to watch the cold breeze escape creating light smoke. I had always loved climbing up on the roof of my house in the late evening just to watch the stars light up the sky, calmly counting them. It was always oddly therapeutic to me.

However I had totally forgotten about my suddenly changed brunette friend who was sitting next to me.

"How the actual hell can you reject his marriage proposal, and break up with him?" Tasha asks. "All in just one minute aswell!" She then exclaims looking over to me.

I sigh leaning back onto my hands, "It was the right thing to do." I reply. Thinking about it, it was the only rational thing to do. Harry was stubborn and if I had said no and we stayed together he would have had high hopes to ask me again. And I couldn't have that. Breaking up with him was the best thing to do. Even if I did hurt me.

"You're insane." she laughs. "Whatever you feel is best then I guess." She shrugs. I hum quietly. "He's been asking me about you the whole week."

I look over at her to see her send me a sympathetic smile. "I gathered he will. He hasn't stop trying to call me" and just at that moment my phone lights up with his name flashing on the screen. I look at the caller Id picture seeing the picture we took together before we left for Louis' New Year's Eve party. He had his arm over my shoulder with a big grin as I smiled into his chest.

We both watch my phone silently as it carries on ringing until it stops. It buzzes again notifying me of a voicemail.

"He really loves you." She states. I stay quiet. "Come back to school please? I miss you."

I had avoided going back to school after I had left Harry's house. It pained thinking about how I had just left him while he still leaned down on one knee, his face showing nothing but pain and hurt from rejection. I couldn't see his face again, especially when I knew he'd say anything to get me back, and me being hopelessly in love with him, I wouldn't resist.

"I might come back tomorrow actually." I admit. "I'm getting bored at home. And my mother is getting too suspicious." I sigh.

"Has she been asking questions?" She asks turning her body entirely to face me.

"She just keeps asking how Harry is at teaching. And if he gets along with most students." I state, seeing my phone light up again.

"Well all teachers get along with their students." She says looking down at my screen before looking back to me, knowing I would just ignore it again.

"That's what I said." I groan, "I keep getting so paranoid, that she knows what's been happening."

"She most likely doesn't, and you're just over thinking everything." She says.

"God I'm just so stressed." I reply quietly.

Suddenly Tasha grows a mischievous grin, "Well it's only 9 o'clock. You know what that use to be?"

"What?" I ask confused.

"9 o'clock was your definition of party time. Let's go." She says getting up dusting herself off.

______________

Multiple colour of lights flash, as we make our way through the crowd. It was oddly way too crowded today for a Thursday evening. We both make our way to the bar, Tasha ordering our drinks for us, while I scope out the club, looking for a potential hook up to help get my mind of things.

I know it's not the logically mature thing to do to deal with my problems, but it's what the old me would have done for fun, and I won't deny the fact that I miss the old reckless me. I just don't miss that side of me as much as I like the way I am with Harry. Or was with Harry.