53 | the ten o'clock train

"is everything packed?" kyungsoo asked softly as the clock struck nine that evening.

it was sunday and jongin was supposed to catch a train home sometime before dawn, but neither of them had moved for the last four hours.

they were curled up on the sofa in kyungsoo's living room, with their legs entangled and kyungsoo's face pressed against jongin's chest. jongdae had decided to crash at minseok's, leaving them alone in the small apartment. blankets covered the sofa, spilling onto the floor, and soft golden light glowed through the lampshade on the table in the corner.

"yeah," jongin said after a while in response to kyungsoo's question.

"huh?" said kyungsoo, wrapped up in his own thoughts, and how good jongin smelled.

"kyungie," said jongin abruptly, "do you think they'll make a sequel to 'so i married an antifan'?"

kyungsoo let out a sudden laugh, filling the silence of the room. "what has that got to do with anything?"

"it was a good movie," jongin whined, turning his head to kyungsoo and pouting. "they should make a second one."

kyungsoo just shrugged and snuggled closer to his boyfriend. "there was nowhere for the story to go," he said. "the main characters ended up together so the movie ended. there wouldn't be any point in a sequel because it would just be about their ordinary life and that's boring."

kyungsoo took a moment to breathe and craned his neck to look at jongin. "sorry," he said, "i'll stop going on about it--"

"it's fine. i like hearing your voice."

kyungsoo smiled as a faint blush cast itself over his cheeks. then he let out a scoff. "anyway, who would they get to play the singer guy? the actor's got to be too old for the role now."

jongin giggled. "chanyeol?"

kyungsoo kicked jongin's foot as he said that. "no way," he said. "chanyeol's too ugly."

"and too gay."

"that's right."

jongin breathed slowly then and kyungsoo listened to the steady thumping of his heartbeat. eventually, jongin said, "we got together."

"i sure hope we did, stupid."

"so does our movie end now?"

kyungsoo fell silent. "we're not in a movie, jongin," he said quietly.

"yeah," said jongin, "but what happens now? we never got to find out what happened to hot-chanyeol and the chinese girl."

"you want to know what happens to us?" kyungsoo said, a tiny smile growing on his lips. "this."

kyungsoo cupped jongin's cheek with one hand. before he could hesitate, kyungsoo quickly pressed his lips to jongin's.

a warm smile spread across jongin's face as kyungsoo pulled away. he leaned in to kiss him again but kyungsoo pushed him away with a laugh.

"bitch," jongin whined. "you're my boyfriend. we have a contract that says i can kiss you and call you baby."

the smile slowly fell from kyungsoo's face.