44 | fireworks!

jongin had come in all set to apologise to kyungsoo, for kissing him when he shouldn't have, for making him feel uncomfortable...

that hadn't exactly happened.

before the words 'i'm sorry' had left jongin's lips, kyungsoo's were pressed against them. kyungsoo had risen to his feet and grabbed the front of jongin's shirt, drawing him closer.

jongin was stunned. his brain could no longer function properly. all he could think about was how kyungsoo was kissing him. and he was kissing him back.

jongin's hands found the small of kyungsoo's back and rested there as he smiled into the kiss. his tongue tracing the edge of jongin's lower lip, kyungsoo deepened the kiss, his hands snaking their way into jongin's soft hair.

their heads dizzy with euphoria, kyungsoo stumbled backwards as jongin pushed him towards the wall, entrapping him in his embrace. jongin tore his lips away from kyungsoo, only to press gentle kisses trailing up his neck. upon reaching kyungsoo's jaw, jongin stopped to whisper in his ear.

"i'm sorry... was that too much...?"

kyungsoo just smiled and tilted his head and connected jongin's lips with his own once more. fireworks went off outside, their bright sparks lighting up the new year's night sky. the resounding boom! at each one mirrored the speed at which jongin and kyungsoo's hearts beat, as one.

they finally pulled away to come up for air, their noses touching as jongin pressed his forehead to kyungsoo's and looked deep into his eyes. they were such a beautiful pair of eyes.

"i was going to say sorry for earlier," jongin whispered, stepping back to properly take in every inch of kyungsoo's face, "but..."

"it's okay," kyungsoo answered sheepishly, "i overreacted."

"why did you run away?" jongin frowned anxiously.

"i... i was... scared," kyungsoo told him, suddenly looking very small and in need of protection.

"but why--?"

"because i like you!" kyungsoo blurted.

his eyes widened in shock that he had actually said that, and he covered his lower face with both hands.

jongin didn't know whether to be surprised or ecstatic. kyungsoo... liked him? he really liked him?

kyungsoo bit his swollen lip. "sorry if you don't--"

"i like you too!" jongin practically yelled, his entire face lighting up. he grabbed kyungsoo's hands and grinned so hard his cheeks would ache. "i like you, do kyungsoo!"

the corners of kyungsoo's lips slowly turned themselves up into a shy but pleased smile. "you really do?"

"wasn't i fucking obvious enough, you hoe?!" jongin laughed, swinging his amd kyungsoo's connected arms with glee. "i've liked you for ages and your dumb ass didn't even notice."

"well, sorry but my dumb ass has had a lot to worry about, bitch," kyungsoo shot back, trying to throw on his best unimpressed face, but failing to because he was smiling too hard.

"hey, can i ask you a question?" jongin asked suddenly.

"that was a question."

"another one, kyungie."

"fine."

jongin took a deep breath. "am i allowed to ask you out?" he questioned.

kyungsoo narrowed his eyes in confusion. "is that you asking me out or...?"