[6]: Leaving Home

"I luve you mummy." Three year old me giggles as I tugged at my mother's soft red hair.

"Shhhhhh Tori, can't you see I'm trying to put your little sister to bed, can't you for once be like your other siblings they at least have some....manners."

A angry glare was directed at the innocent little girl, as her mother shushed her out of the room.

" Sorry mummy." my younger self whispered tears threatening to spill, as I slowly walked out of the room.

I kept my head low, my red curls falling infront of my face, as to cover my face, I didn't want mommy to be mad by my crying.

"Go to bed Tori."

I looked up and there stood my five year old brother, Harry, he smiled softly at me.

"But the boogy man will get me."

My voice soft and full of childish innocence.

"There is no such thing stop being a child and go to sleep, even if there is, no one will face it except you, no one will help."

He sighed giving me a pointed look, for being five he had a bleak outlook on life, being trained as a servent, as a protecter, he had had no time for childish innocence.

" But..."

" No buts or I'm telling mom and she'll give you a smack and you won't have sweets for a week, like last time. "

My eyes widened a fraction of a inch before I scrambled up the stairs towards my room and practically flew into my bed.

No way in hell was the boogy man gonna get me, and no way in hell will mom get me either.

Just as I was begaining to fall asleep, that's when I saw it, blood red eyes staring directly next to me and that sickly smirk as he begain to walk to me.

"You're mine Victoria."

His mouth was closed, but yet those words resinated throughout the room, his eyes locked with my own and we were trapped together in the darkness.

I sat up fast, so fast I grew dizzy.

Sweat pouring down the side of my face and my soft sheet clung to me like I was it's lifeline.

My breathing deep and unsteady.

It was a dream or was it a memory.

It's getting hard to distinguish the two.

They both feel so real.

Too real for my liking.

I steadied my breathing as I threw off the red sheets and rubbed my face.

Great just great.

This is going to be a crap day.

I sighed into my hands before falling back on my bed.

Wait...

DURMSTRANG!

The professor from Durmstrang was scheduled to pick me at noon.

Hastily i jumped off the bed and begain to get ready for the day my life fully begins, quickly I pulled a brush through my curls, my head yanking to the sides as I did, it was terrible. I went about my business, getting dressed and packing before stumbling upon a note stuck to my mirror. It was from my parents.

I sighed as I stuffed it into my bag, they probably have left already and this was their goodbye, I was slightly surprised they weren't as sad to see me go as I expected. It was disappointing, I thought they would at least want to properly say goodbye.

"Feather!"

I yelled scanning the room for any sign of my baby, with a yelp I looked up as a large weight was added to the top of my head, messing up my hair, trying to make himself a nest.

"You bloody owl, get ahold of yourself."

I extended my arm to its full length before creating a nintey degree box, Feather quickly took to my arm, digging his claws into my skin. Bloody owl.

But he was a rescue after all, he had some issues.

I gently shoved her into him into his large cage, no way will he be able to fly that long distance, not whilst he was still in recovery.

With a happy sigh I began skipping out of my room, leaving all my bags inside my room, Mixy will bring them later to the front. The only thing I held was my one toug bag, I trusted no one with it.

Whilst I was distracted, I might have accidently wondered into a wall.

"Who the hell put this here!?"

I yelled dropping the bag and holding my poor nose, which grew redder by the second. Thank Merlin it wasn't broken. This house was just too big for me to navigate.

"Mom? Dad?"

I yelled again and as expected no reply.

Then they did leave for the conference in Italy. Mom, dad, Charles, Harry and Rosie were all supposed to be present. Charles and Harry for obvious reasons, Rosie because she was an heiress.

With a grunt I kicked the wall grabbed my toug, I had spent way to much time getting ready and such, it was almost noon. With that I raced down to the front of the manor, thanking Merlin that Mixy had gotten everything outside in time.

And that's when I saw it three black winged skeletons of horses grazing on the grass, they were beautiful, but looked dangerous.

Just behind then was a man in a thick winters coat he had a fat head, surprisingly thin blond hair and a happy grin on his face.

" You must be Victoria Potter?"

His tone holding thin traces of an accent that I wouldn't mind picking up myself, it sounded much better than my British one.

"Yes sir."

I smiled at him, excited for the day ahead.

"I'm professor Dilts."

The large tree trunk of a man replied cheerily, walking forward and grabbing my small amount of luggage, Harry had placed an extension charm on the bag the night before. The professor then strapped them onto the first horse.

"Is that a Owl?"

He stated surprised staring at the nightshade owl with curious eyes. It seemed they weren't as popular amung Durmstrang students as the snowy owls were.

"Yes sir I hope it would not be a problem? The letter said I could have one."

"It won't be, I was just surprised by his features, I've never seen a breed like that before."

The professor grinned slightly, climbing on the second horse. I didn't blame him, Feather was unique.

"That one is yours."

He pointed at the last horse, who stood patiently.

Without a second thought I climbed upon the creatures back. My two years of riding paying off.

Not even a second later the winged beasts galloped foreward.

My heart thundered in my chest as I clung to the steeds neck.

Then suddenly I felt weightless I opened my eyes to only we we were more than three hundred feet off the ground.

My problems all seemed to vanish as I closed my eyes in content.

I finally felt....Free.

AN :  Thank you for reading my story, please like, comment, critism is welcome!