"Do you want to write her something?"

Having chosen the red roses and went to wrap them up for me in a bouquet, she asks if I needed a card from behind the counter. Nodding, she pulls out a small card from a drawer and pushes it forward in my direction.

Staring down at the blank card, I think deeply of what I was to write to her. It was something that should be sweet yet short. Something to somehow tell her how I'm feeling without actually having to say it.

' As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one around...

J- '

"Who's the lucky girl?"

The woman takes the card and puts it neatly between the red roses.

"Nevaeh...and I'm the lucky one "

It was a quote that held a special place in my heart as I hoped it did to hers. For it was the first quote I've ever attached to a bouquet of roses to her...

I pay for the roses before leaving, looking down at the bouquet one last time before pushing open the door and walking out. Who knew buying a bouquet of roses would take so much time?

But the longer the time it took, the more important of a place it held.

Standing on the sidewalk, outside the flowers shop, I contemplate how I should send her the roses. Do I wait till she's back home and give them to her or go straight to her workplace and surprise her.

But after leaving her like that and knowing that she probably cried herself to sleep, I felt ashamed to think that roses could help mend any wounds. It hasn't been long since the last incident and I wasn't sure what exactly I should do to make things better.

"Aww, are those roses for me?"

And it was the last person I needed to see let alone hear their voice, that decided now was perfect timing to show up. Maybe fate just hated me. But if I was sure of one thing, it was that I knew she hated me.

Sienna.

.

"What do you want?"

I spat, my teeth gritting just at the voice of her. It was when she didn't reply that I finally turned around to face her. She was wearing a skin tight black dress that reached just above her knees. Black pair of heels that made her look taller than she really was. Her jet black hair straight and reaching down to her waist.

 Her jet black hair straight and reaching down to her waist