Chapter 9-Before

Playlist: Love and war-Fleurie (all the lyrics hold a meaning in this story, I don't just choose any song, focus on the lyrics. Well, as well as the story of course 😂💜)

Justin's P.O.V

Guilt was eating me up inside, after leaving her spend the night alone while I was out spending it with someone else. And even though I didn't have that much choice but to comply with whatever Sienna wanted, but it was all for the desperation of not losing the one I really love.

So I decided I'd make it up to her, having a secret deal with Sienna didn't mean that I had to act distant. But it was the guilt eating at my insides that drove me to act distant. I couldn't hold her, kiss her or simply look into her eyes without feeling guilty.

Without seeing all the pain I was causing her...

It could've been minutes or even hours of me walking around and watching the different types of flowers. Searching for her favourite rose. It was simple, delicate and tender, just like her. It's colour as enchanting as her.

She cast her fragrance and her radiance over me. I ought never to have run away from her...I ought to have guessed all the affection that lay behind her poor little stratagems. Flowers are so inconsistent! But I was too young to know how to love her...

I'm reminded with a quote I once read before, a quote that I couldn't forget from how true it was. It was a simple quote that described the war of feelings inside of me.

"Can I help you, dear?"

I was daydreaming by now, standing infront of the sunflowers as it reminded me of how much of a sunshine she is in my life. An unfamiliar voice snaps me out of my daze though, wiping the beautiful image of a brunette with emerald shinning eyes from before me.

I blink as I look up and settle my gaze on the petite old woman standing beside me. She had a warm smile, one that grandmas wear and soothe away one child's pain.

"I was looking for red roses, I can't seem to find it though..." I trailed off.

"It's this way"

She turned around and started walking in the opposite direction of where I've been searching. I followed after her, assuming that the owner of the flowers shop ought to know where exactly the roses I wanted were.

"Do you love her?"

I'm taken aback by her question and left speechless. Not really registering her question let alone able to utter any coherent words.

"Unless it's your mother's birthday and you're a really sweet son, then I'm assuming it's for someone...special "

She turned to me with that same soft smile still gracing her face. The mention of my mother leaves a pang in my heart. Reminding me of the past that still haunted the both of us. And reminding me of how I've been so busy lately to even pick up the phone and check up on her.

But with dealing with Sienna's drama and commands along with the guilt of hurting the one woman I truly loved, I felt stressed as it is. And even though it was no excuse not having the energy or time to, I still needed to check up on the woman that loved me unconditionally and wanted nothing in return.

She was through enough as it is. And it all reminded me of how much I've really changed. How far away I've  drifted from the man I promised my mother to be.

"Yeah, they're for someone special"

I finally say, realising that I was just staring at the woman and she was probably either starting to get worried or creeped out. I offer a small smile to ease whatever worries she had concerning me.