Chapter 5-Before

They talked, but I couldn't hear them as my thoughts filled up my head. Dark ones at that. I was scared that they were getting the best of me, day by day, I felt weaker to fight them. And frankly, I just didn't have the will to fight these thoughts anymore.

But with time I've embraced the darkness and I was now just afraid that if without it...I wouldn't be able to live.

The two girls chatted away from either side of me, arguing about which movie we should watch. I chose to walk with them, leaving Justin to walk behind us along with Matt and Tyler.

And even though I should be used to the feeling by now, it still hurt as it did the first time. Knowing that he was with me, making me believe that he cared and he was being with me with his whole self at the moment just to turn his back the next second and go off to another.

It stung and I should've left the first time I realised this. I should know better than to hope he leaves his old habits. But what was it about old habits they say? Dying hard? Guess they'll be the death of me first.

"No, we're not watching that! "

"Guys just choose any movie already" Matt complained from behind us.

We parked our cars somewhere back and decided we'd walk around alittle until we reached the movie theatre. Hence why we were all walking down the sidewalk right about now.

"She's the one insisting on watching passengers!" Peyton threw her hands up, looking at Matt over her shoulder before turning her glare to land on her blonde friend.

"Well, it's way better than the neon demon!" Ivy fought back with a glare to match her brunette friend.

"Let's just compromise, how about wonder woman?"

I heard Tyler suggest and from the silence that followed from the two girls, we all knew that they were considering his suggestion. Which was a good sign, since they stopped their endless bickering.

"Fine, you guys get the tickets, I'll go get the popcorn"

Ivy said finally agreeing, it was then that I realised we have reached our destination. And while Ivy moved forward to go get the snacks, Matt followed in her footsteps.

"Let me help you with that, hot stuff"

He said with his usual player smirk, hands shoved deep in the pockets of his pants. Moving forward after her and leaving his two best friends behind. We've all been friends since the day I met Tyler and then was introduced to Justin. The girls have always been my best friends and it was just logical that they would get associated with the guys at one point or another. That didn't necessarily mean that they got along with them. Well, at least they didn't get along with Matt for obvious reasons.

And while Justin was my boyfriend who I loved deeply, I still sensed them not fully liking him. They only tolerated them for my sake. Well, except for Tyler of course, he was such a gentleman that no girl in her right mind would despise.

And so Tyler became the only one of the three musketeers that they tolerated and even enjoyed his company.

"Call me that again and I'll make sure you don't reproduce in the future, asshole"

Ivy's threat was the last we heard before the two of them disappeared from our vision. While the others chuckled at Ivy's threat, all I could manage was a fake low one, hoping no one would pick up on my down mood. But of course someone just had to.

"I'll go get the tickets. Nevaeh, do you want to come with?"

No, it wasn't Justin. It was rather Tyler who said that. And as much as I longed for Justin to be the one to pick up on little things and sense my sadness, I still didn't mind the fact that it was Tyler this one time. Because I didn't feel like confronting or even being alone with my boyfriend at that moment.