Part 2

Tords POV

I woke up to the annoying blare of my alarm clock and scowled. The idea of getting up in the morning isn't exactly everyone's favorite thing, but today was different. I felt like something would happen. Even though I would probably fail, I wanted to pretend be sick to miss the day, so I swiftly got dressed and walked downstairs to where my dads, yes dadS, were. First, I asked Pappa(Pat) in English because his Norwegian is shaky. I was fluent in speaking English but my writing was off. Why can't people just speak normal in other countries?
"Pappa? Can I stay home today?" I fiddled with my fingers and my breathing started to speed up.
"Hm.... You don't look too ill Tord, are you sure? It would mean a lot of you went today~" He asked in a sing song voice. A shiver of guilt ran down my spine and I started to shake.
"I-I guess I can go..." I said. I basically guilt tripped myself into confessing.
"Good," he pulled me into a hug and then pushed me into the kitchen, "Have some food. You'll feel better."
I stood on my tippy toes to grab the box of granola bars in the highest cabinet. God damn shortness! I thought. I grabbed the bottom of the cabinet, pulled myself onto the counter, and grabbed the box.
"Yes!" I whisper-shouted in victory. I pulled myself down and grabbed a granola bar.
"TORD HURRY YOU'RE GONNA MISS THE CAR POOL!" Father(Pau) shouted. I stuffed a few granola bars in my backpack and rushed over to the door. Before I opened it, my dog Jax started barking for attention. He's a pitch black Doberman and I was honestly a little scared of him because he used to tackle, bite, and scratch me as a child when no one was around. He has a muzzle now but it just makes it seem like the second he breaks through he's gonna be even more bloodthirsty, but I guess we've gotten closer. I pet him on the ear and opened the door to see Matt waiting for me in his car. I would drive myself but i don't have a license or a car and carpool is so much easier. I slammed the door in Matts car and slumped sleepily in the seat. I didn't get any sleep last night, it felt like I was being cut with glass and there was a mysterious bruise on my back now.
"You okay? You seem glum..." Matt said, looking concerned. I smiled. I only had a few friends from my school and he was the best one I had. He always made sure to ask how I was and knew if I was lying and helped. I don't have the best reputation at our school since I used to threaten and hurt people verbally and having him knowing I could and did change helped a lot.
"I guess, I just feel strange, I should've gotten better sleep."
SCREEEEEE
"Did you not sleep? Are you okay? Is everything fine at home and in your head? Oh GOD is it me?!" Matt panicked as he slammed on the breaks.
After getting over the mile whiplash, I replied.
"No! It's not you, I honestly don't have an explanation, I just got mysterious pain like I was being cut, it's all so weird!"
Matt looked at me unimpressed. He motioned for me to show me his wrists and my eyes widened. Does he think I'm cutting? I gave him my hands and he pulled up my sleeves and to my surprise, there was a few scars.
"Tord! Why are you doing this?!"
"What the- I swear this wasn't from me! Or at least on purpose,"
"Do you know about your soulmate yet?!"
"My what?" I stared at him blankly. I didn't know what or who a soulmate was.
"A soulmate is someone who you're bound to be with, read about it in the library, it's really interesting."
"Oh, okay..." I rolled my sleeves back down and stared out the window and made a mental note; I heard the phrase soulmate but I don't know exactly how it works yet or how to find out about them. This was going to be fun.

~Le Timeskip to Lunchtime~

I had just finished up math class and I headed over to the cafeteria for lunch, but then I remembered to go into the library. I made a quick 180 turn and dashed over to the library building a few yards away from where I was. As opened the door I was greeted with silence, but cruel stares that felt like daggers. Since I was used to them, I brushed it off and started to look around for a book on soulmates.
After a few good minutes of searching, I found a book called "Info on Soulmates" and I pulled it off the shelf. I slid my back down a wall and opened it up.