A Report

A Report

Boys POV

The boys gathered in Nathan's living room after seeing the small girl off. Worry filled the room with tension as they thought of what could happen when she reached her destination. No one speaks until everyone's phones buzz with a telling chime. Everyone breathes out a sigh of relief at the message and what it means.

"Report," Mr. Blackbourne commands after everyone has a chance to reply. Everyone looks towards Sean to start.

He's lets out a deep sigh before starting.

"She has a minor concussion and a few more bruises than yesterday. Also, there were cuts on his wrists," he starts.

"Self-harm?" Mr. Blackbourne asks sharply everyone in the room tensing at the thought.

"No," Sean replies shaking his head. "She said the marks were made by rope."

"Someone tied her up?!" North explodes. Everyone else looks just as devastated.

"She said that she broke the rules." All of them take a moment to let that thought sink in. Each of them shocked and disgusted that someone thought tying her up brutally was the answer to breaking a rule.

"Do you think it was hanging out with us?" asks Luke quietly. He looks up at the others unusually somber. "Do you think hanging out with us was the rule she broke?" Several gasps filled the room as tension rose.

"She did act scared and frantic when she had to leave yesterday. She looked at the clock and seemed very surprised like she lost track of time," Nathan states looking sick to his stomach.

"When I talked to her at the performance she kept glancing around like she was trying to see if someone was watching," Victor adds his fingers tapping out a silent melody.

"There's a camera on her back porch. I tried to approach her and she shook her head and nodded at it. I don't think it's necessarily for security purposes," Luke says.

"You think the camera is to watch her," Mr. Blackbourne clarifies. Luke nods before going back to playing with his fingers.

"F*** I could kill the person doing this to her," Gabriel remarks from his spot on the couch. Although his tone is snarky his eyes betray the anger behind his words.

"I think it is possibly her mother," Sean states. Everyone had suspected her but they had no proof, yet.

"I think you're right. The way her mother was at that event was not normal," Victor states agreeing with Sean.

"It would make sense if were her. The rules, getting home on time, the camera all relate to Sang's home life. The only person we know of that lives with her is her mother," Kota analyzes. No one could refute his statement. As always his logic was sound.

"We have to get her out of that f***ing house," North exclaims. Silas nods in his agreement both of their eyes filled to the brim with protective anger.

"We have no proof that it is her mother and we are not in any way prepared for an extraction," Mr. Blackbourne states calmly. "What have you been able to find about Miss Sorenson?" he asks turning his attention to Victor who visibly pales.

"I can't find anything."

"What do you mean, Mr. Morgan?" Mr. Blackbourne's tone is as cold as steel. Victor has a hard time not flinching.

"Just that, I can't find any record of a Sang Sorenson anywhere. She's a ghost."

"F***," North breaths dropping his head into his hands. Silas murmurs to him in Greek calming him down slightly. The others are frozen at the ramifications of this discovery.

"We can't let them know about her," Kota finally states.

"Mr. Lee, -"

"No, they'll never leave her alone if they know," Kota says his tone rivaling that of Mr. Blackbourne's. The second in command rarely fought back or spoke out of turn but this time this was not negotiable to him.

"We will postpone informing the academy about our bird but at some point we may need their help in order to rectify her situation," Mr. Blackbourne concedes.

"She should know. It should be her decision," Silas says finally offering some words in the meeting. Everyone pauses at his words and even though they know he is right they can't help but listen to that voice of doubt that asks what if she doesn't pick them.

"I think her situation is similar to mine," Victor states out of nowhere. It takes everyone a moment to focus on him and process what he said.

"Why, Mr. Morgan?"

"I think her mother might be using Sang and her dancing for her own profit. She hasn't had a job in years and has no documented source of income. Yet they live in a pretty nice house in a nice neighborhood. Also if her bills are any indication she is not frugal at all. I think that money is actually Sang's." Mr. Blackbourne sighs rubbing his eyes before readjusting his glasses. This situation was getting more complicated by the second. They still needed to prepare for their next mission too.

"Mr. Morgan, continue to follow the money and dig up anything you can on her mother's background and known associates. Everyone else continue as you are. She is beginning to open up more. We need her to be able to trust us and tell us what is happening. Only then can we help Miss Sorenson. Remember to finish preparing for the Ashley Waters mission. I want to help Miss Sorenson as much as any of you but this cannot come between you and your work. I expect updates on anything that occurs."

With that Mr. Blackbourne dismissed the meeting, everyone heading their separate ways. But they all shared a common thought involving a certain blonde girl who had managed to wrap every single one of them around her finger and didn't even know it.

**Sorry it is so short but I figured something was better than nothing. Working on the next chapter now which should be much longer. As always I appreciate any comments, votes, ides, suggestion, etc. that you have for me. I don't really have a road map for this story in my head so I'm definitely open to any ideas anybody has!!!