I Have To

Sang POV

"Sang! You useless brat! Get up!" I hear Mother yelling outside my room. I jump out of bed just as she throws my bedroom door open. It clangs against the wall hard from the force. For a moment I am very thankful I hid my phone last night. She stares me down her eyes somehow managing to be both wild and glassy at the same time. She's been taking pills again. "You need to get ready, brat. You have a performance tonight and you better not mess up." I nod knowing it is useless to argue with her.

                I'm afraid to breathe let alone move as she stares at me. I can see the wheels turning in her head. She wants to hit me but most likely because of the performance is stopping herself. She huffs and walks back out of my room muttering under her breath. I don't relax until I hear her bedroom door slam shut.

                I breathe out a sigh of relief. The motion draws my attention to my aching body. My ribs are still sore and I feel a little unsteady on my feet as I make my way to the bathroom. I wince as I notice my reflection. I can see various bruises on my arms that are varying shades of blue, purple, and yellow. I'll have to wear my long sleeve mock-turtleneck leotard. I stare at one more prominent bruise on my chin. I'll have to wear some heavy concealer as well.

                I take a steaming hot shower trying to calm my nerves. I've danced injured before but always in my meadow. She never schedules something so soon after one of her beatings. I know that if I make any sort of mistake she will make me pay. I single tear slips down my cheek mixing with the water at the thought of more injuries on top of the ones I've already got.

                It doesn't take me long to shower, get dried off, and ready for the day. I put on some black yoga pants with a loose t-shirt before heading out of my room. I tip-toe down to Mother's room and push the door open slowly, just enough to peek in. I take in her form passed out on the bed and make my way back down the hall quickly. I retrieve my phone from its hiding spot and grab my speaker and i-pod before heading downstairs. I slip out onto the back porch.

                I sit down in a straddle and begin stretching out my aching muscles while unlocking my new phone. My eyes bulge as I see the number of messages and missed calls. I hurry and look at the messages.

Kota: Good morning, sweetie. Text us when you get up.

Nathan: Are you up yet, Peanut? Want to come over and hang out today?

Luke: Cupcake! Want to have pancakes for breakfast?

Gabriel: Oy! Trouble, what you wearing today? Can I do your hair?

North: Ignore my idiot brother, don't just eat that sugary crap for breakfast.

Luke: Cupcake, don't worry we can have secret pancakes! North can't stop us.

North: You want to bet, Luke?

Kota: Sang, are you okay? It's been awhile since anyone has heard from you.

Victor: Princess, please text someone soon. You're starting to worry us.

Silas: Aggele mou, please just be sleeping. Please text or call us when you see this.

North: Sang, respond soon or I am coming over there.

Owen: Miss Sorenson, if you have not made contact within the hour then I will send the boys over to check on you.

Sean: Pookie, are you causing trouble and worrying everyone? Now you do not want to see Owen get all riled up I speak from experience so why don't you call someone just so we know you're safe?