•••

The Clandestine army flew over the trees. "you might want to tell everyone to get lower right about here. My board feels a bit shaky." Landon warned Alistair.

She nodded, "Everyone lower your boards and try to get closer to a tree. We might fall soon." She called to the others.

They followed her order and lowered their boards. A few minutes later, their boards shut off completely and they dropped from the sky. Alistair caught a branch and managed to catch her hover board. She set the board down in the corner of the tree where the trunk and the branch met.

She jumped to the ground and waited for the rest of the army to join her. Once most of them were down, she ran into the clearing with her sword drawn and ready to swing.

A group of about 30 Destines stood in the clearing. "Where are the rest of you?" Alistair yelled as the rest of the Clandestine army crowded around her.

One of the Destines stepped forward. "Don't worry about that, Alistair. We're all here." She smirked and lifted her chin quickly. She did a quick hand motion and the Destines charged.

Alistair swung hard and fast as the Destines rushed towards her and her friends. She felt blood splatter on her face but she ignored it. She kept swinging.

Landon was fighting alongside Zayne. Zayne was surprised at this and smiled. Alistair had been right. A sword nearly caught him in the chest. He quickly jumped back and reminded himself to focus. Landon turned and pierced his sword through the Destine that had almost killed Zayne. "Thanks," Zayne smiled.

"No problem," Landon nodded and turned back to attack more Destines.

"What are you doing, Landon?" One of the Destines called to him.

Landon turned and saw one of his Destine friends, Taylor. "I'm fighting for the right side." Landon answered.

"The people who kill your friends are the right side?" Taylor asked. "Are you insane, Landon?"

"No, you don't understand. Alistair is fighting for them. Wouldn't it make sense that she would be fighting for the right side?" Landon tried to explain.

"She's been mislead. Just like you. But she will be forgiven when she joins our side. You will be killed for being a traitor." Taylor growled, lifting his sword. "And I'll be the one to kill you."

"No," Alistair quickly brought her sword to Taylor's neck. "I don't think you will."

Landon gasped as Alistair quickly killed Taylor and the Destine fell to the ground. "He was my best friend."

Alistair frowned. "Did you not want me to kill him?"

"No, I did. It's just... It's sick that he would actually kill me. I thought we were friends." Landon shook his head. "Thank you, Alistair. For everything." He turned and continued fighting.

Alistair ran in the opposite direction and helped out some of the others in the Clandestine army. She heard a scream and quickly ran in that direction.

Whitney had screamed when the Destine had pierced Janie with his sword. She'd fallen to her knees and cried over her friend. The Destine was still alive. He was about to kill Whitney as well.

Alistair drove her sword through his back and yanked it out as hard as she could. He fell and Ali hurried to Janie and Whitney. "What happened?" Alistair touched Janie's wound and tried to heal it.

Whitney was crying hysterically. She couldn't answer Alistair. She just squeezed Janie's hand and cried harder.

Alistair managed to close the gaping whole in her skin. But Janie had already suffered the damages of being pierced by an immortal sword. She was dying quickly. "Whitney, you have to get away from here. Clandestine needs you to fight. Please, come with me."