Chapter Seven

"Jealousy is both reasonable and belongs to reasonable men, while envy is base and belongs to the base, for the one makes himself get good things by jealousy, while the other does not allow his neighbour to have them through envy."

~Aristotle

Chapter Seven

Alistair woke up the next morning and quickly got dressed. She changed into some denim shorts and a pink short sleeved shirt. She wore gray tennis and left to go to class. She went to Weapons.

Mr. Greene told them they would only take notes today. He picked up the chalk and spoke clearly and slowly, summarizing his words on the chalkboard.

Alistair copied the words onto her paper neatly, separating everything into neat paragraphs. Swords, spears, guns, and others. She glanced over to Kellan. He was scribbling notes onto a sheet of paper as well. His letters weren't exactly sloppy, but they weren't exactly neat either. Alistair smiled and considered it "legible".

She shook her head and resumed taking notes. When she finished, she'd used 2 1/2 sheets of paper and she turned to Kellan. He was also finished and he was putting his papers away. Alistair instantly noticed that he was very organized.

They moved along to Missions. Alistair learned Escape Tactics and things to do when being chased. Mrs. Jenkins grinned afterwards and complimented Alistair on her ability to learn fast.

In Hand-to-Hand Combat, a few select pairs battled outside. Everyone else sparred. Kellan and Alistair sparred and she spotted Marina. "I think I should probably apologize to her."

"You really don't need to. You were just fighting. It's not like you broke something." Kellan shook his head.

"I'm going to apologize anyway." Alistair shrugged and walked over to Marina. "Hey, I just wanted to say I'm sorry about yesterday."

"I don't want your apology." Marina replied venomously.

"I'm trying to be nice. I don't want to be your enemy Marina." Alistair said, trying to stay calm.

Marina glared at her. "Too late." She growled and stormed away.

Kellan was at Alistair's side in an instant. "Told you."

Alistair didn't pay much attention during Foreign Languages. She'd mastered most of the German language, but she'd managed to not be called on.

She ate her dinner quickly and went to bed. She found that she couldn't fall asleep. Even after a few hours of sitting in the dark with only natural light drifting in. She finally climbed out of bed and went outside to take a walk.

She walked through the woods for a long time, but she still didn't feel sleepy. She continued walking until she heard a rustling noise nearby.

She picked up a stick as a boy with silver hair stepped out onto the path. He was surprised to see her and she shared the feeling, but she didn't show her shock. Instead she gripped the stick in her hand.

"Who are you?" Alistair growled at the silver-haired boy. She held a stick, ready to attack if necessary.

He held his hands up to show he wasn't trying to hurt her. "My name is Zayne Hansen. What about you?"

"I'm Alistair Powers." She lowered the stick a little. "What are you doing out here so late?"

"I'm a werewolf. I have to. Are you one, too?" Zayne asked.

"You don't know who I am?" Alistair smiled.

Zayne shook his head, "Sorry, should I?"

"No, it's just everyone else does. They hear my name and instantly connect it with the last basic immortal. I'd like to have a different title." Alistair replied softly.