19

After a long day of seeing my parents and trying to come up with an excuse as to why I'm home, talking to a real estate agent, and spending an hour on the phone with my old boss... I'm home. I walk into the apartment and I hear Jennifer talking on the phone from the bedroom. I walk to the doorway and smile and she grins and motions for me to come closer. I walk to her and hug her while she closes the conversation and then she tosses her phone to the bed.

"Hi baby." She says and kisses my cheek. "Hi, gorgeous." I tell her and kiss her lips softly. "You get all of your stuff handled?" "I did, how are you?" "I'm hanging in there. It helps that you're back." She says and shrugs. I nod and gently place my hand on her stomach, "I couldn't leave you alone after that call, Jen." I say. She bites her cheek and sighs. "Why don't you get ready and we can go to dinner and talk about... everything?" I say and kiss her forehead. She nods and goes to get ready.

After we finish dinner Jennifer and I look at each other and laugh. "We literally talked about nothing serious this entire time." She says. She's right, all we did was laugh and joke around. "I know, I know. Let's go for a walk." I say. I pay for our dinner and we drive to a park that's close by. As we walk I grab her hand and sigh, "so, are you okay? Have you sort of... accepted this?" I ask her. She takes a moment to answer, but she nods her head.

"Jennifer, I want you to know that I am here for you and for all of this. Pregnant or not, I love you and I want to be with you." I assure her and she squeezes my hand a little tighter. "I'm just scared, Leah." "I know you are, but the scariest part is past you. Okay? Now you just have to find a way to make things work with everyone else. Have you spoken to Aaron?" "God, no. I haven't even been able to think about his reaction." "Does he know we're together?" "I don't know, I haven't told him... but I'm sure he has his own idea of what's going on." "I would call him and see if you could meet him and tell him what's going on." "I'm afraid, Leah. He slammed me into a table and wrapped his hand around my throat..." "I know, but you're going to have to tell him. He's going to find out eventually and he is the only guy you've been with for the past two years, right?" "Yes..." "Just work things out with him tomorrow and then we can worry about your parents and family." I tell her.

After a short pause she stops walking and looks at me. "What about you?" "What about me?" "How would you be okay with helping me raise a baby that isn't even yours?" "Jennifer, don't. You know I love you and I'll love that baby just like I love you." "I'm so fucking in love with you..." she says and hugs me. I smile and we start walking again. "What are you doing for work?" "Well... it's supposed to be a secret, but my boss offered me a position at a new office they're opening here. It'll be in New York, but it's a big deal. I'll be kind of the 'leader' of the entire U.S. operation..." I say and smile. "Baby!! That's amazing!" Jennifer exclaims, obviously excited and happy for me. "It's exciting... but it also leaves the question of what we're gonna do. Would you be willing to move to the city?" I ask. "Like... get a place together?" "Mmhm." "I guess so, I mean- yes. Yes I would love that." She says. I smile and nod my head. "Good, because I met with my real estate agent today and she's pulling apartments and condos for us to go look at." "Sneaky..." she giggles and leans into my arm. "Just a little." I tease and kiss her hand.

We continue walking together and I randomly say something. "I'm gonna marry you one day." She stops and looks at me and I get a little bit nervous. "I think I'd like that... a lot." She says and grins. I smile and kiss her lips slowly.

We finally head back to Jennifer's apartment and she goes straight to her bedroom to get changed. Before I know it she's laying in bed with her t-shirt and panties on, waiting for me. I laugh and get myself changed before laying down beside her. "You that ready for bed?" I ask her and kiss her cheek. "Maybe." She laughs. I nod and fall back in my pillow, still extremely tired and trying to adjust to this time change. "I'm exhausted. Goodnight, I love you." I mutter. She sighs and lays down.

About an hour passes and I'm still awake. The only reason I haven't been able to fall asleep yet is because Jennifer keeps tossing from one side to the other and giving the loudest and most dramatic sighs. Finally, I can't take it anymore. I roll over so that I'm facing her and I grab her arm. "If you roll over one more time I'm going to push you into the floor." I laugh. She forces a giggle and sits up, "I'm sorry! I can't sleep." She complains and pushes her hand through her hair. All I can see is a dark figure and parts of her very dimly lit face. "What's wrong?" I ask her quietly. "Nothing..." "Liar. Tell me, can I do something?" I push. "I- you already told me you're tired and I don't want to make you-" "What is it?" I cut her off and she sighs and leans closer to my face and kisses me. Between her kisses she tells me what's wrong in just three simple words.

"Please- fuck- me." She mutters. I smile a little and put my hands on her waist, "you could've asked for this like.... an hour ago?" I tease and push her onto her back. "I don't want you to think I'm needy..." she laughs. "I don't think that... I know it." I tease and slide her panties off of her legs.