6 - Caden

I couldn't believe how lucky I had gotten that Grace wasn't mad about me not telling her about Audry sooner. In fact I almost broke down hearing the hurt coming from her when I started to speak. I hated that I had shattered her for a moment only to feel her surprise when my hate spewed forth.

But the truth was I wanted Audry dead.

For years that she wolf tormented me believing that if I didn't take a mate in The Run I would take her instead. She was nothing but a power hungry whore and I couldn't wait to be rid of her. Felix had a chance to claim her the first time the three of us had participated in the run but like the idiot I was back then, I had saved her from him. I should have let him take her. It would had saved me from the trouble she caused in the end.

Every year after that her parents created a reason for her not to join the run while I was forced to.

"Caden?" Her voice breaks me out of my trance as I turn my head to look at my beautiful fiancé in my arms, her hand cupping my cheek gently. It seems that I had stoped on the stairs, our path to dinner halted.

"I'm fine just a little on edge I guess baby. Sorry." I say reassuringly, dipping my head to kiss her forehead gently before resuming my path to the dining hall. She didn't seem to by it as she gave me a look of concern from the corner of my eye before Grace snuggled into me. She was my rock and I knew I would need her now that we had a lot of work to do with the werewolf comunity.

Not long the scent of food and sounds of chatter reaches us and I carefully place Grace on her feet. The doors were wide open, welcoming anyone who wanted to enjoy a meal and I couldn't help but smile at the changes I made. The fear that used to haunt these halls because of my father was replaced by joy. Laughter replaced silence. It was how it should have been, a family enjoying a meal.

"Alphas come join us!" One of our pack member calls to Grace and I,  waving their arms at us to were two empty seats were presented.

"Mirai." Grace exclaims as she rushes over to hug her friend. I was exstatic that Grace had slowly made some friends with in the pack when ever she came over and stayed a few days. It had made the transition from Beta to Alpha Queen that much easier for her.

I was about to make my way over to the spot beside my mate until some one pressed into me and the scent of cheep perfume reached my nose.

"Cady-poo I missed you." Her voice was like nails on a chalk board and I instantly knew who it was.

"That's Alpha to you." Came some one's growled response and I instantly felt myself being pulled away from Audry as Grace stood infront of me.

"Why would I call my mate Alpha when we're in love." The room went silent as my wolves looked on in disgust, Grace's back rigid as she glared at Audry.

"If he was your mate then where is the engagement ring. I heard the Alpha was engaged." She feigns ignorant but I watched her shift.

"I left it in my room." Audry hastily replies and Grace smirks.

"Well then if you were his mate wouldn't you be wearing it. Like I am. His real mate and your Queen." She plasters on a sugary sweet smile as she snuggles into my side with her hand extended to show off her engagement ring.

"Leave my mate alone little pup. He doesn't want you." She adds as a warning and I felt pride swell up inside my being. I didn't care if Grace was standing up and taking the lead on putting Audry down. My pack already considered her their female Alpha and Queen.

"You can't tell me what to do!" Audry growls out and Grace just smirks even wider.

"Not yet pack whore but come Saturday if I feel like you are out of line then I can deal with you how I choose." She was gloating now and I could tell the warrior I met in The Run was with us right now.

Lady Silver was ready to fight and her eyes weren't set on some low life male but on a low life she wolf who didn't know the meaning of no.

If Audry attacks Grace between now and Saturday Grace wouldn't be penalized. But if Grace was goaded into attacking Audry I could loose my true love.

But I had faith Grace would do what needs to be done.