idiotic crossovers.

GENERIC RANTS.
( idiotic crossovers )

SECTION: GENERIC RANTSRANT TOPIC: IDIOTIC CROSSOVERS WORD COUNT: 1664 WORDS

RANT TOPIC: IDIOTIC CROSSOVERS
WORD COUNT: 1664 WORDS

𖤐 ˚ .𖤐

    HAVE YOU EVER just read a book with so many crossovers? For example, one minute you're reading a story that takes place in the MCU, in the streets of Queens with Spider-Man and the next minute Peter Parker finds himself in an alternate dimension where he finds out that he's the son of Hermes and teams up with Camp Half-Blood, becomes best friends with Percy Jackson while he also has his spider superpowers? The next thing you know the author decides to add Aang and his buddies to the picture where Percy finds out that he's secretly a waterbender.

Wow, I don't know about you, but that screams to me idiotic crossover.

For starters, let's get something straight. I'm all for a good crossover, damn, I've read so many fics out there where people know how to combine two of my favourite superhero universes (DC & MCU) and make a killer fanfic. But I'm here to discuss the opposite of those wonderful crossover fics that make your heart leap when you start the next chapter. Today's rant will focus on the other crossovers. The ones that make no sense when you read them because some fandoms shouldn't mix.

I've seen some crossover fics that make me want to scream. Half of the time it involves this OC whose a total Mary Sue (that's a topic for another rant) who gets involved with so many characters from different fandoms which makes it confusing to understand their backstory half of the time. I don't understand what makes some writers think they're going to get positive feedback from fanfic where they make their character revolve around the whole universe while they're part witch, part demigod and let's not forget they have superpowers and are trying to become a part of the avengers.

Here are some of the crossovers that I have seen on this app and they have honestly put fanfics to shame. Like I don't know why they would even come up with these CERTAIN crossovers because they don't work out whatsoever. Anyways, let's get started with the wonderful list of crossovers that make me want to scratch my head half of the time of why people came up with them in the first place:

1) HARRY POTTER, MCU & PERCY JACKSON

I cannot stress how confusing this crossover is. The fact that there's a whole series about Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard where they specifically state that what happens in the MCU is incorrect to actual mythology. I don't understand how you want to make those crossover especially when those two are clearly stated to be different from one another. Besides, I'm pretty sure that Tony Stark wouldn't be too thrilled about meeting a character who can wield a magic wand and kill off every one of their enemies with the words avada kedavra. Thanos would have been dead a LONG time ago.