grammar.

GENERIC RANTS.
( grammar )

SECTION: GENERIC RANTSRANT TOPIC: GRAMMARWORD COUNT: 864 WORDS

RANT TOPIC: GRAMMAR
WORD COUNT: 864 WORDS

𖤐 ˚ .𖤐

    THERE HAVE been many fanfictions that I've crossed passed with while I'm trying to find something suited to write. For the most part, there's one thing that has made me either roll my eyes or gag when I click on a fic that looks like a good read. In case you haven't guessed or read from the title above, the issue I'm going to be discussing today revolves around one word. That word being the following: grammar.

Grammar has just seemed to disappear off of the face of the chapters in many fanfictions. Not only is it quite hard to read, but it's also depressing considering that grammar is the essence of making proper words and a proper in general. The fact that people seem to be neglecting such an important aspect in writing a fic is quite frustrating. I don't understand why people feel the need to neglect using grammar but this seriously needs to be fixed right away. I don't know how many times I can deal with this much longer.

Does someone feel like explaining to me where the grammar has gone? Or are we just going to blame it on the teachers for forgetting to teach you such a basic English skill? Blame it on whoever you want, after all, you are the one who is writing a story without proper grammar. Let me tell you, it's not exactly a pretty sight to see when you're trying to read a fic only to scrunch your face up in confusion as you're trying to understand what the writer is trying to convey.

I don't understand how people can think that these stories are "amazing" if they make no sense at all. It's disgusting and makes me shudder just to skim through fanfiction to see that no words make no sense at all! The wording is off, sometimes they're not even using the write too or there and you're forcing your brain to work harder to make sense of what this person is trying to write! How can someone possibly think that it's "cool" or the "norm" to write in such a way?

Allow me to demonstrate what a typical grammar-lacking fanfiction would look like:

I woke up in a weard howse. I had no ideea wer I wus or whut had hapened. I cant eeven remeber my own name. I wuz in an abbaondded bilding. It wus darc and I cudnt see annyting. Sudddenlly the lite turnnned on and now I cud see. It seeemd like I wus insid a candee faktori or sumething. A door opend and I culd see a handsom boi walcking insid with bloode on his fase. "Who are u?" I askd, as I luked up at him. "My name is Styles Stiloonski and I'm her to sav u."

I just shuddered when I wrote this, to be honest. That whole section was covered in that red squiggly line and my keyboard was trying to make me write those words properly. If that was hard for me to write a couple of sentences, I don't know how some people could write chapters. Let alone an entire story! Please don't write like this unless you want to make someone suffer dearly from reading such horrible writing. I might just have to take a break from what I wrote because it looks so stupid!

If you aren't sure how to spell a word just Google it. That's what I do when I have to type complex words, sometimes Grammarly doesn't pick it up because I was off at the correct spelling of the word, but in the end, I use my sources and I find out how to spell something correctly.

There are ways to make sure that you are using proper grammar, there are apps that can make sure you're spelling words correctly. Use Grammarly (this is in no way some sort of promo or anything)  if you want to make sure that you're writing everything correctly. I love to use it as it can help me see what my mistakes are and how to make them better.

Sometimes you may think the way you spelt the word right, but then it's wrong. So just use the tools given to you! There's a reason why people create these sorts of things for a reason, so you might as well just use them to your advantage and make the best of your writing with the help around you. Who wants to read a book where letters are thrown all over the page in some messy manner?

No one wants to write a story that looks like the example that was painful for me to write. It's messy, not well written and very hard to make out the words that have been placed in the story. If anything, your only going to get views where a) people are either going to tease you or b) they're going to feel sorry for you and try to give you sympathy.

Don't be a clown and download Grammarly.

𖤐 ˚ .𖤐

TIP #1: USE GRAMMAR IN YOUR FICS