Testify

"NYPD Freeze!" You yelled as you pointed your gun at a drug dealer "You're under arrest. You have the right to remain silent anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law" you said and handcuffed the man.

"Congratulations on your first arrest" Noah gave you a pat on the shoulder and smiled.

"Feels good to be back" you giggled.

●●●

Y

ou were sitting in your couch listening to music with your friends, a glass of whiskey on your left hand and a beer on the other.
"Are you sure about this?" Paul asked.

"One hundred percent" you sighed "i got my job back and I'm not gonna screw it up" you chugged your whiskey and shrugged "it's the only thing i got"

"You got us, you got the-" Teddy said before he cut himself off "the money... but that's not important, what's important it's what's gonna happen if they found out"

"They won't" you mumbled.

"Oh come on!" Teddy scoffed "they will found out! And we're all gonna go to jail!"

"We can't stop it" Paul sighed.

"I can" you stood up and walked to the kitchen "I'm gonna find the weapons and give them back"

"That's just gonna send you straight to jail" Teddy took a sip of his beer "you're a suspect now. Every word you say, every step you take... it's all being monitored by either the avengers or shield or whoever took this case"

"I'm fine" you opened a bottle of tequila "i got everything covered, it was all just a misunderstanding. They don't have anything on me but i got a lot on them, they won't talk or do anything about it and that's a fact"

"What did you do?" Paul furrowed his eyebrows "Y/N i swear if you said anything about us-"

"No! I would never do that" you chuckled "let's just say i got it hooked"

"Did you actually?" Teddy raised his eyebrows "you're crazy i swear"

"What did she do?!" Paul asked not understanding anything.

"Remember the soldier?" Teddy looked at him and he nodded "She did him"

"Oh my gosh" Paul laughed and covered his face "what if he says anything?"

"He won't  and even if he did, they wouldn't believe him" you chuckled and poured yourself a full glass of tequila and squeezed a lemon on it "He's not very sane... when i was in the interrogation room, he was yelling and hitting the table and all of that's on tape. If he says anything they'll just think he has something on me and he hates which is probably true but it's okay"

"Easy there with the drinks" Teddy pointed at your glass.

"I'm okay" you smirked and sat back down on the couch "I'm gonna find out who makes that gas... i have to know what they put on those things"

"Why? Is there something wrong?" Paul askes with concern.

"Yeah i just... there's been a lot of things that have changed since that day" you sighed "but I'm gonna figure it out. Promise"

You kept drinking until you eventually fell asleep in the couch and your friends left. The next morning you woke up with a terrible hangover and went straight to the bathroom to puke.
"That tequila was a mistake" you mumbled and washed your face while taking deep breaths.

You were sitting on your desk at the precinct doing some paperwork and eating lunch.
"Hey Y/N" Noah approached you and next to him there was a young woman  "This is Marise, she's here to testify"