Dismissed

"I got it!" You said through your headset and let out a giggle.
You closed the brieficase and before you could do anything else you felt a gun being held on the back of your head.
You slowly turned around with a smirk as you saw the winter soldier.

"Let me introduce myself" you let out your hand "Detective Y/L/N" right after you said that the supersoldier handcuffed you.

● Four months earlier ●

"That was one of my best catches this month. So much action!" You said to your partner as you walked into the police precinct.

"Y/L/N on my office. Now" your captain said.

"Coming right up captain! Somebody's getting a raise" you pointed at yourself and walked into the captain's office.

"Y/L/N I'm very disappointed in you" He said.

"But why? I just solved a case that was unsolvable!" You argued.

"You refused to follow orders and compromised everything" you rolled your eyes as he lectured you "You could've caused a lot of deaths"

"But it didn't happen! I'm sorry captain but i am not sorry because i just solved a case and got one more perp out of the streets" you raised your eyebrows.

"You have been given nothing but warnings but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to fire you, please hand me your bagde and gun" he said.

"You can't do this! I'm the best detective you have! I have solved more cases that anyone here" you complained.

"If you can't be professional you can't be a detective" he held out his hand for your badge.

"You're gonna regret this" you slammed your badge and your gun in the table.

You walked to the elevator, carrying a box of your stuff on your hands and an angry look on your face. When you got in the elevator a man was next to you.
"Having a bad day?" He asked, he didn't looked like a suspect or like he was supposed to be there.

"Terrible day" you groaned "I'm Y/N"

"Ted, how 'bout we go forget about that? Drinks on me" he smiled "i got an offer for you"

"I know a place close to here" you said, at this point you didn't care if he wanted to kill you or steal everything from you.

You put your stuff in your car and walked to the bar next to Ted, he didn't looked suspicious but you were trained to not trust anyone but your partner and teammates so it was just the way you were.
"Are you undercover?" You raised a brow and looked at him.

"No, I'm not even a cop" he giggled.

"Great... i can't stand them" you chuckled "hey! Two Guinness"

"Coming right up" your favorite barista said.

"So what do you have in mind" you asked.

"My friend and i are putting together a secret project and since you're the best detective in town we thought you could help us" he smirked.

"Tell me about it" you leaned against the bar "you do know I'm no longer a detective right?"

"I know" he nodded "I'm just a hacker, he's a doctor and you're an ex detective. We need money right? A vacation. An escape from society"

"I'm listening" you smiled.

"We're going to steal and sell stuff" he said "But it's not like stealing a car... it's like stealing lethal weapons and selling them"

"Sounds dangerous, i like it" you looked at your beer "I'm in"

"Cheers" he raised his glass.

●●●