f o r t y - t h r e e

Start from the beginning

I put my hand on his cheek, pulling him towards me, into a kiss. We pulled away and I climbed into my car. He closed the door and ran over to his truck. 

I took off, out of the parking lot, to my house. Liam and I told my parents that we didn't want to leave yet. On arrival, my mom was in the kitchen cooking something. 

"You're home!" She smiled. "Goody!" 

I smiled, dropping my keys in the dish on the table. 

"What's goody?" 

"Come, follow me!" She said and grabbed my hand, dragging me upstairs.

She turned into my room and I saw a crib, along with a changing table set up. 

"Mom." I said. "I've still got like eight months to go." 

"But, incase you leave before the baby is born. Then, you have one here for when you visit." 

I shook my head, "It's amazing." 

"You look tired, get some sleep." She smoothed my hair. 

She walked out as i kicked off my slides and fell onto the bed.

---------------

I woke up to my phone ringing. I reached over and grabbed it. 

"Hello?" I asked. 

"Blaire, we found out who it is. Meet us at the school, now!" Liam yelled and hung up. 

I groaned and pushed my blankets off, I got put my slides back on and threw my hair up in a messy bun. I slipped my phone into the pocket of my sweatpants. I ran down the stairs, my mom was on the couch. 

"Hey, what do you-" She started. 

"Sorry, i have some more volunteering at the high school." I told her, grabbing my keys and running out to my car. I started it up and drove straight to the high school. 

I pulled up and went to the front office. 

"Blaire!" Amanda, the lady at the front desk, cheered. "Ms. Martin is in a meeting right now, but she said if you stopped by to tell you she needs you to also stop by Mrs. Finch's room and discuss the new shipment of biology lab supplies. And pass out the rest of the detention slips."

"Alright." I smiled and walked through. I went to her office, grabbed the detention papers and walked out. I walked down the hallway, getting looks from a group of girls. While also being checked out by a group of horny, teenaage boys. 

I rolled my eyes and continued down the hall until I saw Liam and Scott. 

"Finally." Liam said. 

"Who is it?" I asked.

"The person on the phone is Mrs. Finch." Liam said. 

"So, what's the plan?" I asked. 

"Liam is gonna go in." Scott said. 

"What do I do?" I asked. 

"What are those?" Liam asked. 

"Detention papers." I said. 

"Please tell me I don't have one." He said. 

"Doesn't matter." Scott said and grabbed the top one. "Gabe does." 

"I also have to talk to Mrs. Finch about supplies." 

"So, you can distract her while I try some stuff." Liam said. 

"I'll send her in." Scott said. "Now, get to class." 

Liam walked in and I hid with Scott.

"We'll start first with..." Mrs. Finch turned and saw my brother. "Liam, I didn't think we'd be seeing you again." 

"Can't let my GPA go down just 'cause I got beat up in class." He said. 

"Yes, well, I...." She trailed. "Gabe, I said no phones." 

She got started on the lesson. Liam clicked one of those things that makes a really high pitched noise. A girl got up and ran out of class and I covered my ears. 

"Ouch." I scolded Scott. "Could have warned me." 

Liam turned it off as Scott grabbed my arm. 

"Anything?" He said to Liam. 

I closed my eyes and listened closely, "No, no reaction at all." Liam said. 

There was a shadow outside the window of a man with what looked like weapon. 

"Liam?" Scott asked. "Did Gabe gets a text out?" 

"I don't know." He said and stood from his seat. 

"Blaire, go." Scott said and pushed me towards the classroom. 

"Mrs. Finch!" I smiled as I walked in. 

"OH, Blaire honey." She smiled. "I thought you were gone off to college already." 

I smiled back, "I had a slight set back." 

"So, what do you need?" 

"I have detention slips and I need to talk to you about your delivery of supplies." 

"Oh, yes!" She said. "When will they be arriving?" 

"Should be tomorrow, but would you like them to drop them off in the office, to the classroom, or anywhere else?" 

"My classroom would be perfect." She said. 

"Alrighty." 

"Thank you so much sweetheart." She said. "And you go ahead and hand those out." 

I nodded and grabbed Gabe's. 

"Liam." She said. "That's not even remotely close. How about you take a seat and let's try this again." 

She picked up the eraser as I walked to Gabe's side. I saw wolfsbane as she erased. 

"What do you want?" Gabe whispered. 

"You've got a detention today after school, miss it and you have four days worth of in school suspension." I said as Mrs. Finch started coughing.  

She sneezed.

"You think I'd be used to that after twenty years." She said. 

She looked down at her hand and saw the wolfsbane, I took a step back.

"That's it for today." She said. "Class dissmissed." 

Gabe looked at me, "Your eyes look awefully pretty today." He said. 

I looked up at him, very confused. I walked over to Liam. 

"Lets go." 

"Not you Liam." She said. "You stay put."