Chapter 47 : Icy Dilemma

Start from the beginning

Well that was unexpected. I said to myself as I head back to our room. I stood by the doorway and I could overhear Queen Primrose talking to Rapunzel about how to distract herself from the dizziness by eating chocolate. Because that was actually Queen Primrose's comfort food.

I showed myself to them and Rapunzel was so glad to see me as if she haven't seen me for so long. "Eugene!" She said throwing herself at me.

"Woah. What's gotten into you?" I chuckled.

"Pregnant women can be very moody, Eugene." Queen Primrose informed. "She'll be quite a handful in the next 8 months of her pregnancy."

"I will try to handle her. But I will sure need some help." I laughed.

"Hey, I'm not hard to take care of!" Rapunzel whined.

Queen Primrose and I glanced at each other and laughed. "You're so cute. You know that?" I told Rapunzel as I kissed the top of her head.

She grinned with delight like a little child. "I think our baby would get his or her cute side from me." She giggled.

"Yeah. I think our baby will. But he or she will surely get the good looks and courage from me." I said with pride.

"Oh really?" She asked, raising an eyebrow as if I was kidding.

"Uhuh. I know so, my cute and lovable brunette. I miss the days I call you blondie." I said to her as I recalled those times.

"Well, I think that my grand daughter will be as caring as me." Queen Primrose giggled.

"And probably as intelligent and responsible as I." King Thomas said out of the blue. "Hello my dear. Feeling better?" He asked Rapunzel.

"Much better, Dad." Rapunzel beamed. "Shall we have breakfast? I feel my stomach growling already."

"We shall, dear. The food is already prepared." King Thomas said as he led the way to the table.

As we sat on the dining table, we discussed matters about the upcoming baby. We were debating on what it would be, a girl or a boy.

"No, it'll be a boy." King Thomas said. "He'll be strong and fair to his people. He'll be the one to rule Corona when the time comes."

"No, dear. It'll be a girl." Queen Primrose opposed. "She'll be dainty and elegant. And Rapunzel and I would braid her hair and dress her up with Corona's finest clothing."

Rapunzel looked at her mother with excitement. While I turned my attention to Dad. "You do think that it'll be a boy, right Eugene?" He asked.

"Well, for me, it doesn't really matter what our baby's gender will be." I chuckled nervously. "I just know that I will love him or her the moment he or she comes out."

I looked at their faces, the King and Queen were appalled that their mouths were slightly open and Rapunzel's eyes were overflowing with tears. "Oh Eugene, you're right. It doesn't matter what our baby's gender will be. Because no matter what, we will love our child, girl or boy. We'll let our child experience the most memorable things that he'll ever experience. Adventurous things like horseback riding and painting and whatever else we can think of."

"Yep. That's right. We'll be the best parents ever." I said as I hugged my wife and she hugged me back as she cried with happiness.

"Such wise words from the Prince consort." King Thomas complimented. Queen Primrose simply smiled sweetly and rested her head on her husband's shoulder.

After that it was naming the baby. It was gonna be a long day. "What about Erik. That's a nice name, isn't it?" "And if it's a girl we could just add an 'A' at the end to make the name Erika." "Or how about Amber?" "Or Richard? Or Keith? Or..."