❶❹

The lost project, I thought. The one that got away. The heart breaker. I knocked on the door with shaking hands. Then I stood there firmly. I wasn't going to move from this place no matter how loud he screamed. I was determined.

*

When he opened the door, my mouth fell open. But no words came out. I shoved my hands in my pockets and stood stiff.

"Josh," I said barely breathing, rocking myself slightly on my heels.

"Tyler," He says, and to my surprise, he takes a step back and gestures for me to come in.

I sheepishly walk into the house, my heart racing fast. Very fast.

He leads me to the living room where I sit on the couch opposite of him. He had a full living room set with lamps and everything. Drapes covered the windows. Cup holders lay on the coffee table. Much more expensive then my soiled brown couch.

"What are you doing here, Tyler?" He says, getting right to the point, leaning his elbows on his knees to be closer to me, but not too close.

"I miss you, Josh." I say honestly.

Josh scoffs, "I didn't let you in my house for you to tell me bullshit. What the hell are you doing here?"

"Brendon isn't dead," I tell him. He never knew Brendon, but I did tell him stories about him when we we're... dating..

Josh raises an eyebrow, "You been drinking?"

I stand up, "Now, Josh.. I know I screwed up, okay? But you know damn well that when it comes to me. Us. Anything is possible. So don't you sit here and act like you don't believe me!"

The light bulbs in the lamps on both sides of the couch burst in place. All the glass falls on the floor at the same moment. 

Josh and I stay silent for a moment that I raise my eyebrow slightly.

Josh bites his lip and runs a hand through his hair.

"So.. what do you mean he isn't dead?"