Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

How the hell did his world end up revolving around a damn teenager?

It was just after midnight that the four of them arrived at their motel in Denver, checking in and finding their rooms quickly. When Isaac found the bed he flopped down onto it and Cassie just laughed.

“You weren’t even driving! How can you be that tired?” She asked.

“I was still sitting in a car for like nine hours, and how are you not tired?”

“I’m used to being up this late, everyone knows you’re most productive at night.” She said with a grin. “That’s what you’ve got to look forward to if you decide you want to come to college.”

He just let out a grunt. “Yeah, I think I’ll pass on that, I barely manage to make it through high school.”

“Well get some sleep now because we are up bright and early to go sight-seeing on campus. I told Stiles I’d show him where all the good food is.” She chirped.

“Because that’s the most important thing to consider when choosing a college.” Isaac grinned and her face became very serious.

“You have no idea how true that actually is. I’m not even joking. You know I’m actually a vegetarian now after some bad experiences.” She grinned.

“They had to have been real bad experiences.”

She laughed to herself and walked over to the bathroom, pausing in the doorway. “Are you sure you wouldn’t rather have me rooming with Erica? I mean isn’t that the way these things are supposed to go?”

Isaac shrugged. “Figured we could sit up talking like we used to. Besides, that would mean I would have to spend the night with Stiles and he’s just plain annoying.”

She laughed, “yeah, okay, well I’m setting the alarm for eight so if you don’t like it then you’re out of luck.”

He shook his head with a groan as she shut the door behind her and checked his messages.

Denver looking okay?

He hit reply on Scott’s message and shot him a text back.

Well, it’s pretty dark out so I didn’t really get a good look

Smart ass

Looking forward to being a scent-hound tomorrow?

Kind of wish I’d agreed to come with you when you asked

“Now you say that…” Isaac mumbled to himself.

Yeah well, bed… lie in

I said I was sorry didn’t I?

Yeah I know, and it doesn’t matter. Just get some study done if you can

I’d rather just text you