Epilogue

A/N: So this is it! This is the end! I hope you like this guys and thank you all so much for being so supportive and for following this story and the one before it, I hope you keep reading on and I am honestly so humbled by all of your comments and kind words. This is for you guys xo

~ ~ ~

Prom was something that had seemed like such a huge event at one stage in their lives. It was all they heard their classmates talk about in the three weeks they had been back focussing on their schoolwork.

Part of them felt like it was stupid to even want to go considering everything.

But it was a tradition, a small hint of normality that was so often missing in all of their lives, and like Stiles had said, it was probably the last time they would all be together. Well, most of them.

Stiles and Isaac were there first, snagging a table big enough for the lot of them and waiting. Jackson and Lydia came with Allison next, Jackson looking more exasperated than was necessary but at least he was there. Erica was next, her dress was probably the standout of their entire senior class and her cheeks gleamed as she strutted towards them with pride.

"Come on, there's no point in waiting, let's just dance!" Stiles said over the music and managed to drag Lydia up with him.

Jackson slipped away to find Danny, any excuse to avoid dancing was a good one.

Erica watched Stiles and his erratic moves, Lydia and her annoyingly perfect ones and her cheeks dimpled as she laughed at him.

"You know, I never even thought I would come to one of these," Erica said, sitting in the seat beside Isaac and Allison.

"You never imagined your prom?" she asked.

Erica shook her head. "Too many flashing lights, loud music, the heat... I couldn't even get through English without having a seizure, prom was the last thing I ever thought I would be doing."

Isaac and Allison locked eyes for a moment and Erica chuckled.

"Relax, I was used to the idea by the time I got to high school," she said. "Never thought I'd feel like this though."

Allison smiled at the glow in her cheeks.

"So Derek bought your dress?"

Erica nodded. "And Isaac's suit."

"How much money does he actually have?" she asked.

"I make it my business not to ask people those kinds of questions," Isaac said.

"Boyd!" Erica said, getting up with a big grin and running to him.

Something was off about him, he pulled Erica into his arms as she leapt at him but his smile didn't quite compare to usual.

"You okay?" she said, pulling back and he forced a bigger smile onto his lips with a nod.

"I'm okay," he said and Allison and Isaac gave one another a look all over again.

"Well I'm going to try and get Stiles to dance in time with the music," she said, giving the three of them a beaming smile before rushing over to throw her arms around Lydia.

Boyd's smile turned a little more genuine.

"She's really happy, huh?" he said.

"You would be too if you'd given up on ever going to your prom," Allison said. "What's with the flower?"

Isaac looked down at the small lapel ornament in his hand and Boyd ran his finger over it gently.

"It's from Daisy," he said and for the third time, Isaac and Allison exchanged a glance before looking back to Boyd.