6. Start of Something

Clarke adjusts her headphones as she walks down the hall to AP Bio, scrolling through her phone for some music. Jasper hadn't met her at her locker like usual and Monty was away for some technical thingy conference. So what? You don't need friends to walk you to class like a baby, Griffin. Get a grip.

Clarke had adjusted to life at Ton DC High these last two weeks. She avoided Bellamy and his crew at all costs after being warned about them by a small girl who went by Fox. Fox had been one of Bellamy's "conquests" and she didn't want Clarke to be one as well.

"Yo, Griffin!" Came a shout causing Clarke to look around wildly wondering who could want her attention. "Hey, over here!"

Clarke looked in the direction of the voice and pulled her headphones down in shock as the person came in to focus. "Reyes?" Clarke said, her mouth agape.

"That's right bitch! Reyes is back in the Huh-ouseeee!"

Raven Reyes. Clarke's childhood best friend and a piano prodigy. Well really an anything prodigy. Raven worked in garage/ body shop and had won a bunch of awards for inventing some computer program to stop viruses for the White House. That's right. The freaking White House.

"Oh my god, where have you been!? I haven't seen you in forever! I thought you dropped out!" Clarke exclaimed breathless after running to the water fountains to reach her friend. She drew Raven in for a fierce hug. Raven returned the hug with equal vigor and the two clung to each other without a care of what their peers thought.

Clarke leaned back and drank in the sight of her best friend. Raven's hair was still super long and wild as ever and she had attempted to tame it with braids and high pony. Clarke took in the typical graphic tee and jean combo her friend always wore, complete with her own pair of trusty Doc Martens and a red leather jacket.

"Uh what's with that leg brace, Reyes?" Clarke asked troubled, the only thing different about her friend.

Raven shrugged nonchalantly. "Eh had a minor accident. Had hip surgery. You know- the usual."

"That is not the 'usual'!" Clarke shouts with a laugh. Raven laughs along and Clarke's feels an emptiness inside her fill that she didn't know she needed filled.

"Wow, I've never seen you this happy," a chirpy voice interrupts. Clarke looks up to see Octavia standing in front of the pair, a bemused smirk on her face.

"Octavia- Raven. Raven- Octavia," Clarke says quickly. Raven sticks her hand out to Octavia.

"Hey Raven Reyes, nice to meet you."

"Octavia Blake, like wise."

Raven's eye widen in surprise. "Wait Blake? Like Bellamy Blake?"

Octavia sighs, obviously used to the comparison. "Yep, the one and only. He's my jackass brother."

Raven looks Octavia up and down, taking in the floral shirt, short black skirt and strappy sandals. "Wow, Griffin. I miss three weeks of school and you replace me with a cheerleader who happens to be the same spawn as the Bellamy Blake? I mean no offense, Octavia."

But before Clarke can protest that she hasn't replaced Raven, that she never could, Octavia laughs in response, "None taken. Though I'm not a cheerleader- I kickbox and do rugby."

Raven whistles, impressed. "Damn Little B, I'm very impressed."

"Little B?" Clarke asks.

"Yeah you know, Little Blake." Raven says with an easy shrug of her shoulders.

"Oh is 'Octavia' too hard of a name for you to say, Reyes?" Clarke says with a snort. Octavia laughs at Clarke's snort.

"Whatever you two," Raven says. "C'mon. Let's get to class. Bio right?"