14

It's not going to be easier
Nothing is ; its life
but your hand in mine,
Makes everything bareable

-Precious, Quote 12

"Everything is going to be alright love, don't worry" Harry says slipping his big hand into Niall's soft and delicate one.

He looks at his husband in the passenger seat, seeing the tension has not diminished. Not even a bit. His takes in the slight tapping of his right foot, twirling the corners of his pink skirt and the nervous biting of his lip and sighs, hoping his touch if not his words would relieve some stress from his husband's dainty shoulders.

"What if it isn't Harry? What if there is......there is something wrong? What if the doctor suggests a surgery?" Niall turns to Harry with a panic look, his blue eyes brighter than ever with unshedded tears. His words does send Harry into a panic, the what ifs playing in his mind but he pushes the thought away, wanting to focus on Niall instead of being freaked out himself.

He pulls his hand over the console towards him, pressing light and slow kisses on his fingers - the back of his hand, as a sign of reassurance and smiles at him "Don't think about all this yeah? Everything will be fine
It has to be...."

, he ends with a firm voice because it has to be. He knows he is not strong, he never will be and he is never going to be ready to loose Niall, feels his whole world will collapse if anything happens to Niall.

" What if it is not? Harry...."Niall asks still not sure about everything, wants to bolt away back to his room, lock himself up and crawl under the coy blanket. Not because he  feels sleep or the comforter is cozy but because of the comfort it provides, how safe it feels. The way Harry's arms make him.

He is brought back from his panicked thoughts by Harry.

"Then we will deal with together Ni. Together. I am never going to let you go.........never"

"But -" he goes to argue but is instantly cut off by Harry.

"No buts. You're gonna relax now as I drive and then we will see." with that he gives him a big smile while pulling the car from the driveway.

There is a silence in the car and Harry steals a glance sideways , sighs and puts his hand slightly into his giving it a gentle squeeze as he says, his voice stern "Niall"

"Oh okay" Niall replies closing his eyes as he lets out a deep breathe, listening to his husband and sits back trying to draw out all the thoughts.

-

In fifteen minutes they reach the hospital. Harry looks out for a parking and quickly parks his car finding a spot. He turns off the engine and looks at Niall, only to find him twiddling his fingers around in his skirt, making it wrinkle - a very fine site of a overly nervous Niall. The one he has seen in the beginning of their relationship.

"Hey", he says softly shaking Niall placing his hand on his thigh.

Niall jumps in his seat and Harry continues "Ni, c'mon babe get up we are here."

"We are here", Niall only repeats his words.

He sighs knowing Niall is not going to get up any time soon and quickly pushes open his side of door, getting out of the car. He quickly runs away to the other side  pulling open the door.

Niall blinks up at him, as the brightness covers his eyes. He looks up at Harry and then at his outstretched hand placing his hand in his as he climbs out gingerly, while grabbing his file.

They walk into the building going in the elevator just like the last time and to the reception desk placed right in the middle of the floor.

Harry speaks, placing his hand on the desk as he clears his throat grabbing the nurse's attention, his other hand tightly holding Niall's hand "Niall Horan, we have an appointment with Dr Hamilton "