Capitolo 13

Blackhat took a stone from the ground, and threw it in frustration. The stone broke one of the house's windows, and a scared crow flew out of it.

-Yes! Leave, you sucker!- Blackhat yelled at the crow –For what I know, you can kiss my ass! I'm done with all of this shit!-

The crow started flying in circles, right above Blackhat. He looked at the bird from under his top hat, as the small, feathery animal flew high in the air. Siddenly, he felt a voice echoing inside of his head.

-I thought you were a classy man, Blackhat. And here you are, swearing like a sheperd. Did something get on your nerves?-

The crow landed, and soon, he shifted his form. Blackhat could see his back curve, as the feathers retreated inside of his skin. His wings turned into arms, and the small, black claws turned into feet. Soon, Blackhat found the exact copy of himself standing in front of him, all dressed in dark feathers.

-Long time no see, uh?- the crow spoke, piercing his mind with the same brushing voice.

-Who are you?- Blackhat asked. He was astonished, but he was not scared. He had forgotten every fear, when it came to saving Flug. Somehow, he knew the crow was not there to hurt him.

-I am... you. Or at least, part of you. We've been united for so long I can't even tell the difference between us- the crow admitted, as the wind gently moved the feathers on his clothes.

-You... you are the demon, aren't you? This is the night we became one.-

-Yes- he answered, nodding lightly. –But things are not meant to stay the way they are. It's time for me and you to separate.-

-What?- Blackhat jolted –But without your help, how am I ever gonna free Flug?-

The crow smirked, ad his eyes glowed of a dark light.

-It's time for a greater good to come. Or maybe, a greater evil.-

And by the time he spoke, a silhouette of black blood started emerging from the ground behind Blackhat, shaping itself in a tall, hideous monster. He turned around to see it, and immediately took a few steps back, until he felt the crow's hand on his shoulder.

-This is gonna be out last fight. I'm glad I got to meet you.-

Blackhat wasn't sure what to answer, and stood still, as the Midnight Man's horrendous face emerged from the darkness to stare at him. When he took a step forward, he knew shit was just about to get real. That was his chance, that was his moment to fight.

When the Midnight Man opened his hands, aiming at his throat, Blackhat immediately moved aside, eluding the touch of his claws. The Midnight Man growled in anger, right before getting punched in the face. Blackhat's glove was now covered in black blood, and two of his opponent's rotten teeth had fallen on the ground. To his surprise, the crow's mouth suddenly turned into an enormous black beak, and he threw himself upon the Midnight Man, biting the space between his eye sockets.

The two black figures twisted on the ground, screeching in pain and anger, and leaving a trail of feathers and blood behind. Blackhat could do nothing but watch in dismay. He was astonished, and he didn't know how to help.

-The pentacle!- he squeaked, while holding the Midnight Man's throat between his claws. –You must reach it before it's too late! You have to escape the Limbo and save Flug!-

Blackhat took a few steps back, before fully realizing what the crow had said to him. He turned to the abandoned brothel, and started running as fast as he could, his tuxedo stretching at every movement.

He felt an horrid screeching behind him, but didn't turn around to look. He was afraid that if the Midnight Man had caught him, there would have been no way out from his nightmare.

He stumbled on a step, and hit his forehead on the wooden floor. His monocle cracked, and for a moment, he couldn't see anything. The night was already dark enough without him fainting, he had to go on.

He crawled inside, even if his vision was blurred, and finally saw the candles all around the pentacle. There was a mirror in front of him, but he couldn't see his reflection. He was panting heavily, crawling on his knees, and he had almost reached a side of the pentacle... before something grabbed him by the ankle, and pulled him away.

He turned around to see the Midnight Man, keeping his solid grip around his leg, staring at him trough his dead and cold eyes. There was no sign of the crow, and Blackhat wasn't going to guess what he had done to him. When a row of claws entered his skin, wounding the flesh on his thigh and causing him severe pain, he knew he had to do something. His survival instinct was trying to speak with him through the blurred vision and the pain, and he couldn't ignore it. He looked right beside him, reaching out for anything that could have saved his life.

And he grabbed one of the candles, throwing it right at the Midnight Man.

When the liquid substance on his body caught fire, a desperate, sharp screech came from his throat, wounding Blackhat's eardrums. He tried to get away from his grip, but the Midnight Man still wasn't letting go of him. He was in pain, but his claws were still holding Blackhat's leg, and he wasn't going to let go of him anytime soon. There was only one thing left to do: pushing him inside the circle.

Blackhat tried to resist, and he slowly tried to crawl back to the pentacle. The flames had started expanding on his clothes, and he screamed in pain, too, not being able to set himself free. He could feel every muscle on his body longing for relief, be he couldn't give up. He had to resist...

And then, the help came. A whole flock of birds entered the small room, crying out in the night. Twenty, fifty, maybe one hundred crows started pushing the Midnight Man, some of them catching fire themselves. He fell on Blackhat, and soon, the flames caged them both in a mortal grip. They screamed and twisted, until Blackhat finally grabbed the Midnight Man's head between his hands, and yelled out:

-If I die, you die with me!-

And then, he pushed himself towards the pentacle, landing at the exact centre of it. The crows were still screaming and flying all around, and he was slowly drifting away, as if he were being absorbed by the wooden floor.

But before disappearing, he glanced at the mirror.

He knew he was supposed to see the Devil's face.

But he saw his own instead.

---
Hi guys! How you doing? School started for me too, and I've been dragged in its dark and cold embrace, where I'll be chained for the next three seasons... ya-hoo...

So yeah, up to this point in the story, I think we're kinda close. The next chapter will be the last one. I thought I should have told you.

This has been one of the most successful fanfictions I've ever written in all of my life. I really feel like thanking you for making my summer so amazing! I wouldn't have been able to complete this is it wasn't for your amazing support. Never understimate kindness, guys. It's our biggest weapon to bring peace, and help those ones around us.

But hey, there'll be time for that!

For now, I'll leave you with Alan's latest tweets, just to let you know he went full crazy lately.

Also, where the burning hell did he get that peacock?

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Also, where the burning hell did he get that peacock?

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Sep 19, 2017 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Blackbird Lullaby- Paperhatजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें