Fire Heart

Our journey starts a Fire Heart, an old village that follows ancient traditions and has never seen much change. Fire Heart is a small village on a pile of rocks in the middle of the ocean. Even though the village is the small island is somewhat large and has beaches, hills, small mountains, a forest, a few meadows, and many caves. The island is known for having lots of sheep and yaks and even some wolves. All kinds of crops grow there and the island is good in the trading business. The vikings that live there are tough and stubborn from being brought up on old traditions and ways, but somewhere deep down they have a heart. The village of Fire Heart is made of wooden huts and houses and a great hall made of stone overlooks the village. The hall is used for speeches, festivals and shelter from storms and dragon attacks. The chief and his family live in the Great Hall.

Fire Heart is a lovely little village, however it is constantly under attack from dragons. Everyone fights the dragons and kills them whenever possible. Killing a dragon means everything in Fire Heart, it shows you are a true Viking. The dragons are powerful and have lots of advantages such as shooting fire and flying so it is hard for the people to fight them.

Knowledge of dragons is just as important. The best way the defeat them is to know them. See each dragon belongs to a certain dragon class. There are seven different class dragons:

Stoker Class dragons are hot-headed fire breathers. This class includes dragons that can set themselves on fire.

Boulder Class dragons are tough and are associated with the earth as they can eat rocks.

The Tracker Class dragons are natural born hunters, they have a highly accurate sense of smell that enables them to track down and hunt things.

Sharp Class dragons are vain and prideful, and they all possess sharp body parts.

Tidal Class dragons live in or near the ocean and unlike most dragons they do not breathe fire.

Little is known about the Mystery Class dragons due to how stealthy they are. Dragons in this class are generally more feared than those in the other dragon classes as not much is known about them.

Strike Class dragons are identified by their great speed, jaw strength and intelligence, as well as extreme accuracy, powerful attacks and explosive firepower. The dragons in this class are some of the rarest of all dragons.

Here are some of the most well known dragons that are most commonly seen around Fire Heart:

The Terrible Terror is a small Stoker Class dragon with four legs and two wings. It shoots fire and can fit in tight spaces.

The Deadly Nadder is a large Tracker Class dragon with two legs and two wings. It shoots magnesium fire and can shoot spikes from its tail.

The Monstrous Nightmare is a large Stoker Class dragon with two legs and two wings which also act as its front legs. It shoots fire and can cover itself in it's saliva then set itself on fire.

The Hideous Zippleback is a large Mystery Class dragon with two heads, four legs, two wings and two tails. One head shoots gas and the other head holds a spark that lights the gas causing an explosion.

The Gronckel is a fairly large Boulder Class dragon with four legs and two small wings. It eats rocks and shoots lava.

The Night Fury is a Strike Class dragon with four legs, two large front wings and two tail flaps. It is the fastest known dragon. It is black and can't be seen during the night. These dragons are rare and are believed to be extinct and nothing more than a myth.

The Skrill is a large Strike Class dragon with two legs and two wings. It shoots lighting-charged fire and is most powerful in a thunderstorm.

Now that you understand the monsters that Fire Heart has to deal with you should understand how the village is protected. Fire Heart has carefully selected protecters. Every year any thirteen-year-old boys who feel up to the challenge go through the dragon trials. Five boys get through the trails. These boys then have five days to sail to an island alone and kill a dragon. They must bring back the head as proof. Any boy that doesn't kill a dragon becomes a fisher, trader or a farmer and is hardly noticed by anyone, but any boy that does bring back the head of a dragon then becomes a protector of Fire Heart. The protecters fight off the dragons and risk their lives for the people. The protecters are loved and respected by everyone. Becoming a proctor of Fire Heart is every boys dream.