Important Names

"Daisy Sheffield, Matthew Shields, Grace Sheldon..."

Florence wrinkled her nose, she knew the first two names on the list, Daisy was an old friend of her Mother's and Matthew was one of the staff member's at Oakwood, she hadn't known him well but she'd invited Levi so it was only right to invite his second in command, the two of them could keep each other company.

"Grace Sheldon?" she asked aloud to Andrew taking a break from poring over the guest list.

He didn't hear her, he had his headphones plugged in and was engrossed in a video, from the sofa next to her Florence picked up a cushion and pelted it at his head.

"Andrew I'm talking to you!"

He looked up with a startled expression, clearly not remembering that he had a crazy fiancee.

"Who's Grace Sheldon? I thought we went through the list and added all the recent names just yesterday, her's is written in your handwriting and our seating arrangements are all done where will she sit?"

He put down his phone looking bemused.

"Grace was in Johannesburg with me, she came on the trip we hadn't talked since so I didn't put her name down but she messaged me yesterday telling me she was going to be around here to visit her cousin so I invited her, is that a problem?"

It was a problem in her overactive imagination.

He raised his eyebrows sardonically.

"Really Flo, you think I have eyes for another girl when I've proposed to you twice and want this wedding more than anything?"

She was being oversensitive, but the girl with the stars on her face who had entered Andrew's room came into her mind, that was Grace, she was slender and gorgeous of course.

But she wasn't going to dwell on that fact, she wasn't going to stray down the path of thinking she was ugly or fat because that would be self-destructive behavior turning back the clock.

"Of course it's fine, I just wanted to know who she was is all, we did confirm the seating with the hall but luckily for Grace there's a seat next to Levi that hasn't been taken!" she projected as much bravado into her voice as she could muster.

"Great then slot her in there, now Marcel's coming over in" he checked his watch.

"Damn it! He's coming over in five minutes we need to go and pick up this specialist shoe polish because he's only gone and got dust on those expensive shoes he's wearing and your Mum mentioned something to me about you helping her make dinner?"

Florence nodded, she wanted to spend some time with her Mum who she hardly saw these days between fittings and scheduling for the big day, she saw more of her Father who joined her and Andrew for breakfast every morning.

She vowed to be home for dinner today.

Cooper looked positively radiant as she twirled around in her blue tuile dress, she'd always been beautiful but in her bridesmaids dress with Amberly at her heels in a chiffon purple dress she looked stunning.

"Wow Coops, it might be my wedding but your certainly going to be upstaging me!"

Madame Fleur's Boutique was the best dressmakers shop in Phillipson, Florence had to admit even after enduring prodding and pins misplaced that she had a way with a needle that no one else did, and prices that didn't bankrupt.