I don't know

"Umm... Umm... I don't know." Nyx said finally. "Honestly, I don't know. Don't give me that look, I really don't! There's no perfect answer here! I'm so confused. It's difficult! It shouldn't be this difficult, should it?"
She reached up a hand to push her hair out of her face, rubbing her forehead as she thought about it.

"I mean... I can't even decide if you're forgiven, let alone anything else! Don't give me that wounded look! You made out with my crazy doppelganger! After making some big thing about how you could tell us apart and we were nothing like each other, I might add!"

She blew out an exasperated breath.

"Maybe that's it. I just don't know." She said quietly.
"I mean, let's face it. What even were we exactly? I'm not even  sure of that, so how can I be sure of this!
So, I think, that maybe, for now, it's just going to be 'I don't know.' And until I do, I'm not deciding anything."

The dejected look on his face said it all.
"And what exactly will it take for you to know?"
His voice was harsh, coming out strangled, as if he were trying to force something in it back.

"I'm not sure, but I figure I'll know when I get there." Nyx said, sounding a little too cheery. She'd noticed the change as well, and was trying to keep the atmosphere relatively neutral.
"Look, this is not a bad thing. We could probably both use time to sort ourselves out first. I've got stuff to deal with, you've got stuff to deal with..."

She trailed off into silence.

He did not look happy with this idea. In fact, he pretty much looked like he was about to start round two of an argument over this topic.

"I thought you were going to help me 'deal with my stuff' " he said moodily. "You promised."

"Oh for God's sake, what do you want? I can't wave a bloody magic wand and make it better!"
Nyx snapped back angrily.