One billion percent

Emilia pushed the closest door open, carefully stepping out.
She stared in shock at the scene before her, but couldn't help grinning stupidly.

Those kids weapons sure we're potent.

The floor was swimming in a steaming pool of coloured substances, a smell not dissimilar to burning rubber emenating upwards to perfume the air with the underlying rubbery smell.

Splashes of Ichor splattered the room, staining the walls and mixing in small bubbling pools with the chemicals on the floor.
Glass from the shattered windows cresting the top of the room, glinted like diamonds atop the acrid, rainbow sea.

It had worked. The Demons had gone.
Flown right through the windows, into the brilliant sunlight and away to God knows where.

Emilia coughed, holding the handkerchief up to cover her face again and fanned the remainder of the smoke away from her face.

"Holy crap, what the fucking hell did those kids use to make those things?" She muttered under her breath.

Hop-scotching on the very few-and-far-between dry patches all the way to the door.
Drips of the chemical cocktail steamed and hissed in contact with her shoes, leaving marks on the cloth that bore a resemblance to scorch marks.

Emilia scrunched up her nose as she examined them. "So not dipping my hands in that thing."

She sighed in relief when she reached the door.
Slipping through, she closed it firmly on the room.
Whoever had to clear that up, she was in no way envious of them.

Striding out into the hall, she followed the passages back to the main hallway, keeping an eye out for an unwanted surprises.

Entering the main hallway, she spied the familiar forms of Candace and Wes, accompanied by a young faery boy, a tailed warlock boy and a Vampire adult. She assumed this was Nick, whilst the children were Billy and Rigsy.

She called up the stairs. "Hey, everyone alright?"

"Yeah!" Called Wes. "Plan worked one billion percent!"